Problem with loging in

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

Re: Problem with loging in

Postby diafero » Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:29 am

There is no dedicated login email notification for Deep Island. You obviously activated your Guild of Writers account, since you made a post here, and that's all it takes. Now you can log in, using the same username and password, to the Shard.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby denost2 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:19 pm

diafero wrote:There is no dedicated login email notification for Deep Island. You obviously activated your Guild of Writers account, since you made a post here, and that's all it takes. Now you can log in, using the same username and password, to the Shard.

Thank you Diafero.
That works for me. It's OK.
denost2

Postby diafero » Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:05 am

denost2 wrote:Thank you Diafero.
That works for me. It's OK.
Great :)

@Nicole: Any news, does it work by now?
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby dtierce » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:16 pm

I've been exploring the DI shard for about 10 days now. Suddenly in the middle of a session, I was kicked off the server with an authentication failure. I can successfully ping the server, but when I attempt to log in I get "Disconnected from server. Reason: Authentication failure". I've re-entered both the account and password without any difference in behavior. I even tried logging out of the forum and logged back in before this posting and I still get the authentication failure. Something seems to have gotten mucked up in the shard server's authentication process??

David Tierce
dtierce

Postby diafero » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:18 pm

The server log says that you successfully logged in today. Does that mean that the issue is fixed?

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby dtierce » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:07 pm

diafero wrote:The server log says that you successfully logged in today. Does that mean that the issue is fixed?

Yes, I can log in without issue now. Apparently, there was a network-wide problem brewing. Minutes after my posting, I could not access several sites including this forum. I could still access some other sites, so it wasn't my connection. Don't know exactly what was going on, but there are no problems now.

Thanks!
David Tierce
dtierce

Postby diafero » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:24 am

That's great :)
In future, when reporting an issue which solves itself magically, please add a note to your report saying so. That saves those dealing with problem reports the time of needlessly digging through logfiles and databases to find out what's wrong, when nothing is actually wrong.

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby dtierce » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:43 am

Apologies. I hadn't thought about it from your viewpoint and will try to be more considerate in the future.

Thanks!
David Tierce
dtierce

Previous

Return to Deep Island