Patch for Myst V (GOG) to work with Drizzle

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

Patch for Myst V (GOG) to work with Drizzle

Postby hgdagon » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:13 am

I made a little patch that "converts" files that are different in the GOG version of Myst V back to their "original" retail state, so the Drizzle output files match the ones the server expects.

Instructions:
1. Do NOT install Myst V! Especially if you already have Myst V installed, you don't want to mess with your registry. Instead extract the installer with UniExtract2, innounp, innoextract, or any other tool you prefer. Note, that innoextract also works on Linux and macOS.
2. Download the patch. The location of the patch itself doesn't matter.
3. Run the patch, click "Browse", point to the folder that contains eoa.exe
"Screenshot" Show Spoiler

4. If you chose the correct folder, you'll see the following message:
Show Spoiler

5. Click Start. The patching should take less than a minute. You're done!

Notes:
  • The patch addresses all the files that differ between the versions, except GameIntro.bik and python.pak, since those are not used by Drizzle.
  • The patch renames eoa.exe to MystV.exe for Drizzle to recognize the folder.
  • The patch does not delete additional language files in the GOG version.
  • The patch is not intended nor tested for playing the resulted Myst V. The sole purpose of this patch is to provide input for Drizzle.
  • The patch may work with the Steam version of Myst V, if the data is the same (changes in exe don't matter), but I haven't tested it, since I don't own the Steam version.
  • You do not need this patch if you're converting for Offline Uru.
  • Myst V on GOG will be updated later this year. I will update the patch when I have the new data.
  • [To Admins] Feel free to remove the link if my patch (somehow) brakes any rules/infringes any copyrights.
Last edited by hgdagon on Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hgdagon

Re: Patch for Myst V (GOG) to work with Drizzle

Postby Maroonroon » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:01 am

hgdagon wrote:At the moment, it is unclear to me if we'll get the updates for free or if we'll have to buy the games again.

If you already have a GOG version of a Myst game, you will not have to buy a new GOG key for this game ; it will be updated as soon as the new version will be shared. :)
:arrow: I'm working with "Blender 2.49b + PyPRP", on "Windows 10 Family x64".
Maroonroon

Postby diafero » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:09 am

That's great, thanks a lot. :) I will add a link to here from the pinned announcement.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby hgdagon » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:13 pm

Maroonroon wrote:If you already have a GOG version of a Myst game, you will not have to buy a new GOG key for this game ; it will be updated as soon as the new version will be shared. :)

Awesome! That's what i wanted to hear.

diafero wrote:That's great, thanks a lot. :) I will add a link to here from the pinned announcement.

That's real nice!
hgdagon

Postby Redfoxay » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:28 pm

I know it's too hard to understand. But the knowledge in the body.
Redfoxay

Postby Maroonroon » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:42 am

Maroonroon wrote:
hgdagon wrote:At the moment, it is unclear to me if we'll get the updates for free or if we'll have to buy the games again.

If you already have a GOG version of a Myst game, you will not have to buy a new GOG key for this game ; it will be updated as soon as the new version will be shared. :)

To be more precise, it's not your installation of the game which will be updated, but the installer, from GOG ; I think that you'll probably have to unistall the game and install it again using the new installer.
For Steam, if you have enabled the auto-update for the game, the new version will be downloaded automatically and installed.
:arrow: I'm working with "Blender 2.49b + PyPRP", on "Windows 10 Family x64".
Maroonroon

Return to Deep Island