1. Do NOT install Myst V! Especially if you already have Myst V installed, you don't want to mess with your registry. Instead extract the installer with UniExtract2, innounp, innoextract, or any other tool you prefer. Note, that innoextract also works on Linux and macOS.
2. Download the patch. The location of the patch itself doesn't matter.
3. Run the patch, click "Browse", point to the folder that contains eoa.exe
- "Screenshot" Show Spoiler
4. If you chose the correct folder, you'll see the following message:
5. Click Start. The patching should take less than a minute. You're done!
- The patch addresses all the files that differ between the versions, except GameIntro.bik and python.pak, since those are not used by Drizzle.
- The patch renames eoa.exe to MystV.exe for Drizzle to recognize the folder.
- The patch does not delete additional language files in the GOG version.
- The patch is not intended nor tested for playing the resulted Myst V. The sole purpose of this patch is to provide input for Drizzle.
- The patch may work with the Steam version of Myst V, if the data is the same (changes in exe don't matter), but I haven't tested it, since I don't own the Steam version.
- You do not need this patch if you're converting for Offline Uru.
- Myst V on GOG will be updated later this year. I will update the patch when I have the new data.
- [To Admins] Feel free to remove the link if my patch (somehow) brakes any rules/infringes any copyrights.