Fan Age expedition: Cathedral [spoilers]

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

Re: Fan Age expedition: Cathedral [spoilers]

Postby RubyQ » Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:14 pm

What a gorgeous Age!

Thank you, denDwaler, for your vision and perseverance. I know you released this several years ago, but as a relative newcomer to the Deep Island, it's a fresh discovery for me. I've been working my way through the many fan age offerings. Cathedral most definitely caught my eye as a real standout. The attention to decorative detail is astounding! A tiny example: the four sides of the pedestal for the pen nib statue (with the pencil stabbings) in the basement have CONCAVE surfaces. Such a subtle touch for a piece of mere public space artwork.

I've just finished playing your Age, and had to write to tell you how moved I was by your explanation for the inclusion of the museum painting, a memory of your childhood. I'm happy that you shared with the rest of us.
Anitochka
Deep Island KI 00385901
MOULA KI 09140118
RubyQ

Re: Fan Age expedition: Cathedral [spoilers]

Postby dendwaler » Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:42 am

Thx RubyQ for these nice words.
I appreciate it very much that you gave feedback.

A little detail about the museum.
In the sand outside the walkable area are some objects.
Because the painting is very close to the observer i made these objects very small.
This is to give the correct depth in relation to the objects in the distance of the painting.
And that is also the reason you can't go outside the hut .
It would break the immersion.

Exact the same is done in the Hague where the real painting is.
and also there, you can't see it.
:D
Those wonderfull Worlds are called " Ages" , because that is what it takes to build one.

Watch my latest Video Or even better..... watch the Cathedral's Complete Walkthrough made by Suleika!
dendwaler

Previous

Return to Deep Island