Alabaster's Depths

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

Re: Alabaster's Depths

Postby Dulcamara » Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:30 am

Last but not least, I finished all 3 parts of AlabastersDepths.

During testingat Deep Island I noticed that the first part is still a bit jerky, which prompted me to remove a few door animations.
Unfortunately, the third part cannot be reached at the moment because I have placed an actor in the wrong position.
It was first an animatetd door and i forgot to delet the actor. I have already corrected it and sent the data to Diafero.
I ask for your understanding if it takes a little longer, as Diafero is very much involved in his real life at the moment.

I can only hope that it won't take too long and that after that all 3 parts will run on Deep Island.

I wish everyone a lot of fun exploring.
Dulcamara

Postby Théodore » Fri Jan 07, 2022 4:36 pm

Thank you for your devotion to release all those ages. I thoroughly enjoyed going through all 3 ages. I'm waiting impatiently at the doorsteps of Alabaster's Sanctuary :D

They are really nicely done, with a lot of exciting locations and challenges. I love how integrated the 3 parts are. I won't spoil much in here. I hope the update to Alabaster's Depths 3 will be soon to be able to reach that famous page I'm missing. I'm wishing for a grand piano, but I'm sure it is something else, otherwise with the Christmas Tree, the lounge area, the bed of Koh-Dalan, we wouldn't have enough space to move around inside our relto hut!
Théodore

Postby ametist » Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:49 am

Thank you Dulcamara for these awesome ages! There are so much to see and so many areas to explore so I think we can keep ourselves occupied until diafero gets time to do the last update. ;)
ametist

Postby suleika » Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:38 am

Alabaster Dephts is definitely one of my favorite ages now.
The landscapes are so imaginative and lovingly designed. It is just a pleasure to walk there - or to dive.
The puzzles are well thought out. I love some things in particular - but I don't want to go into too much detail so as not to have spoilers in my text.
Alabaster Dephts 2 and 3 are a bit smaller than Elodea and Alabaster - but not smaller in content, but more compact, which in my opinion is a great advantage.
I'm glad I don't get lost all the time. :lol: I have no lags, no technical problems. It runs absolutely smoothly on my computer.
Congratulations Dulcamara, you've really delivered a masterpiece. I highly recommend a visit.

Minasunda
suleika

Postby Eternal Seeker » Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:23 pm

Alabaster Depths is a really great Age. It is very well done and the puzzles are so challenging. But it's also nice to roam through the ages and enjoy the nice scenery. We just exploring Depths 3 and we are fascinated of the fantastic architecture. And the puzzles there are a bit easier to solve. Thats one for me :-)
Eternal Seeker

Postby Dulcamara » Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:25 am

Hello all :-)

Thank you all very much. I am always happy to receive comments and of course positive feedback is the best.
I know AlabastersDepths is still causing problems for a few players.
I couldn't reach AlaD3 myself. I always got stuck at the end of the loading bar. I was able to reach AlaD1, but it was very jerky. A player gave me the idea me create a new avatar and lo and behold, I was able to play all 3 parts without any problems. Not a single crash for me. Maybe it's a coincidence, maybe it's the internet or whatever :-) As you know, Agebuilding is exclusively a hobby of mine, even if I have been doing it with passion for about 10 years.
I hope, as soon as Diafero manages to install the updates, that all players can visit the ages without creating a new avatar.

Greetings
and i hope you have fun
Dulcamara
Last edited by Dulcamara on Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dulcamara

Postby Ehren » Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:33 pm

Dulcamara wrote:For those who prefer to play the ages offline and don't want to wait until Diafero uploads the data to UAM, here is a link with data for all three ages.

You might want to tell diafero that offline Alabaster itself still needs to be updated for this:
DepthsBlocked.jpg
DepthsBlocked.jpg (232.99 KiB) Viewed 3865 times
Ehren

Postby Dulcamara » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:52 am

Ehren wrote :

You might want to tell diafero that offline Alabaster itself still needs to be updated for this:

OH :-)
good to know

But i fear Diafero is very busy in the moment. He said that he have a lot to do in the next two month
Dulcamara

Postby JanB » Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:46 am

Hi I Explored Alabasters Depths a litle bit, but noticed I could not return to Relto as de book is blanked
JanB

Postby Dulcamara » Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:23 am

Hello JanB,

Yes, unfortunately this problem keeps popping up and I don't have a satisfactory answer to it.
My programming skills are very limited and I lack the foresight to get this problem under control in the future. I am very sorry.
My hope lies in the update that Diafero will perhaps import in the near future.
Otherwise, I always recommend setting the graphics settings to low, it's not perfect, but it usually gets better.

Greetings
Dulcamara
Dulcamara

PreviousNext

Return to Deep Island