Problems with Teledahn

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

Problems with Teledahn

Postby hhhenry » Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:50 pm

Can't get the bucket drop. Tried stopping and starting the buckets. Tried deleting and restarting the age. That was with a test avatar. With my regular avatar, power is intermittent. tried stopping and starting power.
hhhenry

Re: Problems with Teledahn

Postby hhhenry » Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:05 pm

Tried again today....NOPE.
hhhenry

Postby Korovev » Tue Aug 23, 2022 5:41 pm

It’s a long standing bug, unlikely to be solved anytime soon.

A simple workaround is to link out, go back to Teledahn’s starting point, walk next to the lift and use the command /jump 80
Deep Island #194197, MOULa #46116, Gehn #137074, Minkata #132812.
Gahreesenomee biv keneet pishoeet b’set!
My macOS wrappers, Fan Age Expeditions, tools and other stuff.
Korovev

Postby hhhenry » Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:13 pm

Thanks! That did the trick. I've never heard of that before or had to use it. From a game play Yeesha's journey standpoint, that's a pretty serious bug.
hhhenry

Postby diafero » Sun Jan 08, 2023 11:31 am

Yeah, Teledahn power was always super buggy in network settings on the old Uru. There's little we can do about that, unfortunately.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Dreamer » Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:10 pm

Thanks for sharing the jump fix for the bucket dump bug. Fun and creative fix! I was afraid I wouldn't be able to finish Yeesha journey in Deep Island. Made me sad :( . Now I'm happy! : - )
Dreamer

Postby Brooketh » Mon Aug 19, 2024 8:51 am

I've never had this problem on MOULa or TOC, and I've done the bucket ride dozens of times, so whatever the problem was, it seems to have been fixed on those servers.
Brooketh

Postby diafero » Mon Aug 26, 2024 10:17 am

Yeah, they use a completely different (way newer) server and client. It's probably the newer client that makes most of the difference here, not the newer server.

Deep Island uses a client that was only ever intended to work offline, but had a lot of online stuff still left inside of it due to even earlier days. It is a miracle that it works online at all. ;)
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Return to Deep Island