Welcome to The Deep Island Shard!

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

Re: Welcome to The Deep Island Shard!

Postby Sirius » Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:13 am

Yeah, well... I was rather thinking about multiplayer code, but it's true it does apply to offline game mechanism as well :lol: .
Let's see... How many things did Cyan break when upgrading Plasma ? Hmmm, the Wall, the Marker Games (I played Capture and Hold marker games on offline UU, they are a lot less buggy than on CC), the Heek, IIRC some KI functions, and now the Zandimobile ;) .

Using the spacebar to reset the car must be quite useful, considering how wrong the collisions are. Yeah, when the car doesn't fall through the floor, it flies in the sky.
I remember I set up an Age with a drivable jeep once... it was fun, but even with simple collision fields the thing was still buggy :( Too bad, it could be quite useful to explore large Ages...
Sirius

Postby mig » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:18 pm

Well i finally got DI installed right and got the first 2 ages done.Went to the city to get the links for my nexus and accidently clicked on a book(minkata i think) in the Library,when i got there was halfway in the ground relto out from there and got an error disconnected from server reason logged in elsewhere.What does that mean?I logged in and hit play and get Uru.exe has stopped working A program caused the program to stop working.Any ideas?
mig

Postby diafero » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:47 am

Minkata is sometimes a bit buggy, just use the space bar or (if that does not suffice) the KI command "/jump 10" to reach the surface.

The logged in elsehwere error sometimes happens when your internet connection is flaky, I never managed to reproduce it so I cannot fix it. Just try again :)

mig wrote:Those instructions dont say anything about UU patcher,i assume you need a uu client fpr the DI patcher to work.
I would really appreciate any feedback about these instructions as questions keep popping up about them. How should I make more clear that all you need to do to get a working client is following these instructions, without doing anything else, installing anything else, or touching anything else? I mean, I cannot possibly list all the things you're *not* supposed to do...
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby mig » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:59 am

I still cannot play,i can login and when i hit play it does the usual checks and stuff then the same error. Uru exe. has stopped working.
mig

Postby Annabelle » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:19 pm

mig wrote:I still cannot play,i can login and when i hit play it does the usual checks and stuff then the same error. Uru exe. has stopped working.

If you are under Windows Vista or Windows 7 or (...maybe Windows 8 as well), you need to be in compatibility mode for Windows XP SP3 & to run the exe file as an administrator.
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby mig » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:55 am

I tried like you said and didnt work ,wound up using 98/me and back in game now thanks.
mig

Postby Phantom » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:28 am

Hi there

I am so looking forward to the Deep Island Shard, but could someone please tell me where on earth is the download. Where have you hidden it, or am I missing something? HELP!!!! Many thanks

Phantom :) :)
Phantom

Postby dendwaler » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:04 am

Have you tried to follow the steps as described here ?

http://forum.guildofwriters.org/viewtopic.php?f=111&t=4611

If so , then please tell where and what went wrong.
Those wonderfull Worlds are called " Ages" , because that is what it takes to build one.

Watch my latest Video Or even better..... watch the Cathedral's Complete Walkthrough made by Suleika!
dendwaler

Postby Phantom » Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:26 pm

Hi dendwaler

Thank you for your link, I did not find this. I will now follow all the instructions and see how I get along, for I already have the complete chronicles of URU offline so this will be interesting. I will let you know how I get along. Thank you once again.

Phantom
Phantom

Postby Annabelle » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:44 pm

Phantom wrote:Hi dendwaler

Thank you for your link, I did not find this. I will now follow all the instructions and see how I get along, for I already have the complete chronicles of URU offline so this will be interesting. I will let you know how I get along. Thank you once again.

Phantom

Just to let you know, Phantom, all your progress in URU Complete Chronicles offline will be deleted UNLESS you copy all your game folder to a new folder to make a new game install (for Deep Island shard).

1st Scenario: converting offline in online game

URU CC offline completed ---> applying Deep Island patch ---> Deep Island client install with 0 progress (became online)

2nd Scenario: 2 games (offline & online) (take more hard disk space)

URU CC offline completed ---> no patching of it --->nothing change for this game (offline)
Copy of URU CC offline completed ---> applying Deep Island patch ---> Deep Island client install with 0 progress (online)
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

PreviousNext

Return to Deep Island