Welcome to The Deep Island Shard!

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

Re: Welcome to The Deep Island Shard!

Postby diafero » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:01 am

Could you be more specific please? What error message did you get, and when did you try (inlcuding timezone)? Then I can look it up in the logfiles.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby cw014 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:33 pm

diafero wrote:Could you be more specific please? What error message did you get, and when did you try (inlcuding timezone)? Then I can look it up in the logfiles.

Disconnected from server.
Reason: Not Authenticated
cw014

Postby tachzusamm » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:40 am

Creating a Riddle for the maintainer when asking for help is a funny idea. :D
tachzusamm

Postby Trylon » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:33 pm

cw014 wrote:
diafero wrote:Could you be more specific please? What error message did you get, and when did you try (inlcuding timezone)? Then I can look it up in the logfiles.

I got the exact same message. (I finally got around to trying DI - but was stopped in my tracks because of this)

I already tried refreshing my forum login, and even changing my passwords (just in case if had any effect), but to no avail...

Time: 23:34 CET Tu Nov 22 2011
Originating IP: (ask me in PM if needed)
One day I ran through the cleft for the fiftieth time, and found that uru held no peace for me anymore.
Trylon

Postby cw014 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:33 pm

cw014 wrote:

I ve tryed every day between 9:30-11:00 (+5 GMT)
cw014

Postby diafero » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:18 am

@Trylon: The log file says you tried the nick "trylon". Could you try "Trylon" instead? The names are case-sensitive.

@cw014: Now that's really strange, I see this error in the logs:
ERROR: No player with name cw014 and GUID 022E0EE5-162C-13D9-A7BB-3BD00FB032CE, even though I found it in the cache earlier - potential GUID change on CGAS

Did you already have an account earlier? I could remove your account and it should be re-created, but that would remove all your avatars as well... Honestly I do not know how this could happen.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby tachzusamm » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:34 am

diafero wrote:@cw014: Now that's really strange, ...
Did you already have an account earlier?

The request for help was cw014's first post here. Could that be the problem?
tachzusamm

Postby Trylon » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:06 pm

diafero wrote:@Trylon: The log file says you tried the nick "trylon". Could you try "Trylon" instead? The names are case-sensitive.

Yup, that did it..
thnx
One day I ran through the cleft for the fiftieth time, and found that uru held no peace for me anymore.
Trylon

Postby cw014 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:35 pm

diafero wrote:@Trylon: The log file says you tried the nick "trylon". Could you try "Trylon" instead? The names are case-sensitive.

@cw014: Now that's really strange, I see this error in the logs:
ERROR: No player with name cw014 and GUID 022E0EE5-162C-13D9-A7BB-3BD00FB032CE, even though I found it in the cache earlier - potential GUID change on CGAS

Did you already have an account earlier? I could remove your account and it should be re-created, but that would remove all your avatars as well... Honestly I do not know how this could happen.

Yep, I register once, then my accout was deleted, and so then I registered once again...
So then can u fix it?
cw014

Postby diafero » Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:29 am

Ah, okay, that explains the problem. I deleted your old account on the Shard, it does not seem to have any avatar attached to it.
Logging in should work now.

@tach: The posts do not matter, the phpBB-Alcugs "bridge" just looks at the users table.

diafero
Deep Island Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Deep Island