Welcome to The Deep Island Shard!

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

Re: Welcome to The Deep Island Shard!

Postby mig » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:22 pm

Hello,i have a few questions ,i dont have Myst CC i have the games as ages beyond myst and the expansion pack disc tpots with to D'ni included in it.Would this still work? If so,do i install everything then use the deep island patcher?Its been forever since i did any of this.
mig

Postby tachzusamm » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:04 pm

It will still work. Complete chronicles is basically the same as ABM+TPOTS, expansion pack included.

You know this howto?
viewtopic.php?f=111&t=4611
tachzusamm

Postby Annabelle » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:16 pm

mig wrote:Would this still work? (Added part by me: installing URU:ABM + ExPack 1: To D'ni + ExPack 2: TPoTS instead of URU:CC)

YES

mig wrote:If so,do i install everything then use the deep island patcher?

YES
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby mig » Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:00 am

Hello again,im trying to make a uu client so i can visit the shard i did the install if the cd,s i have for ABM and TPOTS now i need to use a uu patcher to finish the client is what i assume,i got the patcher from here ( http://www.the-deep-island.de/uru-tools/)
where do i put it?It is not excutable so i guess i need to move or copy it to a folder in the game.Anyone know?
mig

Postby Wamduskasapa » Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:05 am

Just follow these instructions for Deep Island Client setup..
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby mig » Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:43 pm

Those instructions dont say anything about UU patcher,i assume you need a uu client fpr the DI patcher to work.
mig

Postby Wamduskasapa » Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:18 pm

I just installed the Deep Island Shard and all I did was follow the instructions previously mentioned.

After Installation I then used Drizzle so that I also had Myst 5 and Crowthistle available...
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby Annabelle » Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:26 pm

mig wrote:Those instructions dont say anything about UU patcher,i assume you need a uu client fpr the DI patcher to work.

Why an UU patcher? The Deep Island shard is an alcugs shard which runs on a totally different server than old UU shards. All you need to do is to have a URU ABM + ex packs and apply the DI patcher, that's it that's all

The UU patcher for you info is to have an offline UU install. I do have it myself for 2 reasons: the Zandimobile in rainy cleft is not broken and work perfectly in UU & to play on the Wall in Gahreesen. You can do the 2 actions on DI or on URU:ABM + ex packs offline install too if you use the drizzle tool except they are both plagued with bugs.
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Sirius » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:47 am

Annabelle wrote:The Deep Island shard is an alcugs shard which runs on a totally different server than old UU shards.
Exactly. Though PotS was meant to be played offline, the engine can handle multiplayer fine. The engine used by Until Uru is an older one, which doesn't have as many features (such as swimming), but paradoxically is less buggy (such is the way with Uru :P ).

Annabelle wrote:The UU patcher for you info is to have an offline UU install. I do have it myself for 2 reasons: the Zandimobile in rainy cleft is not broken and work perfectly in UU & to play on the Wall in Gahreesen. You can do the 2 actions on DI or on URU:ABM + ex packs offline install too if you use the drizzle tool except they are both plagued with bugs.
What ? The zandimobile is less buggy in UU ? You mean, it doesn't fall through the ground, etc ? Now that's interesting...

Regarding the Wall, last time I checked on DI, everything was working fine. The setup panels should work even better than in UU, actually.
Sirius

Postby Annabelle » Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:37 am

Sirius wrote:
Annabelle wrote:The UU patcher for you info is to have an offline UU install. I do have it myself for 2 reasons: the Zandimobile in rainy cleft is not broken and work perfectly in UU & to play on the Wall in Gahreesen. You can do the 2 actions on DI or on URU:ABM + ex packs offline install too if you use the drizzle tool except they are both plagued with bugs.
What ? The zandimobile is less buggy in UU ? You mean, it doesn't fall through the ground, etc ? Now that's interesting...

A more general answer to your question, you already answered it here :lol:
Sirius wrote:The engine used by Until Uru is an older one, which doesn't have as many features (such as swimming), but paradoxically is less buggy (such is the way with Uru :P ).

Specifically, it has to do with the "fall through the ground" process.

On DI shard (more larger scale, on any alcugs shard) or even on a URU:CC offline install, when you make a nice collision with the Zandimobile and the Zandimobile fall through the ground...well that's it! Your game is bugged, your only hope is Alt + F4 then reload the whole client.

On UU offline client, you just hit the spacebar and you are ready for another round of collisions or high flying path with your Zandimobile. To accelerate the process on UU, I disable the outer fence making it easier to run to the Zandimobile dress like I want (not doing the whole Easter Egg process). It's really fun to collide against the inner fence or the parked Zandimobile. You can fly real high and real fast. It's like a bullet out of a gun :lol: very funny
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

PreviousNext

Return to Deep Island