Welcome to The Deep Island Shard!

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

Re: Welcome to The Deep Island Shard!

Postby Phantom » Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:37 am

Hi Annabelle

Thank you for your help hun, as I was wondering why I was not on line. Your advise was very helpful. I have a copy of MystV on my hard drive, could you tell me how I can get it intergrated with Deep Island Shard please. Many thanks

Phantom
Phantom

Postby Ainia » Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:49 am

Shorah Phantom,

The easiest way to add other Cyan content to both online and offline UruCC installs is to use the Drizzle tool. With Drizzle, you can add content from Myst V, MagiQuest, Crowthistle and Hex Isle.

For your offline version, the process is fairly straightforward and intuitive. You must point the tool to the correct DI Ages server and have the current Offline KI downloaded (version list is updated by default by Drizzle). Don't forget to decompress the sounds for each Cyan game you add with Drizzle; each game's sounds will need to be done separately.

For your DI version, you will want to follow diafero's instructions here.

Have fun!
ImageImage
Ainia

Postby Phantom » Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:58 pm

Hi Ainia

I had to remove URU CC from my system as I only wanted online, it took up too much disk space. Uninstalling it and now that I have it as online, I cannot get Drizzle open. I go to my Java folder and it has 2x folders, one Jre6 and Jre7.

I go into the Java folder, then to Bin and click on Java.exe but it will not open the Drizzle30 file, could someone please help me, on which file I need to open drizzle, many thanks

Phantom
Phantom

Postby Phantom » Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:15 pm

Hi Everyone

Problem solved, I now have Drizzle up and running thank you and Ainia as soon as I have the ages installed I will follow your instructions and see how I get on. Many thanks

Phantom
Phantom

Postby Phantom » Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:56 pm

Hi Everyone

I have Drizzle up and running nicely. I have downloaded all the main things like Drizzle, offline ki etc., relto pages, and I have now gone online after a massive 173.4MB download, I found all my ages book there in he shelves etc., since this is a new re-install, do I have to re-install all the ages on Drizzle again. I will not be using it for offline. Your opinions please. Many thanks

Phantom
Phantom

Postby Annabelle » Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:06 pm

Hi Phantom :),

So I see you opted for having only 1 install, the online one. That's fine.

In that case, the Drizzle tool has only one purpose: import Myst 5 EoA, Crowthistle, MagiQuest Online, & Cosmic Cosmo ages.

When you get online on the shard and let say you want to visit a given age, Gavster age for instance, you just need to link there by a book in your bookshelves or by the restoration links in your Nexus. On your 1st visit, the system will download & install the age for you on your PC. Depending on how many ages you will be visiting I would suggest you to have some free space...

Somewhere age takes around 161 Mb which is the biggest. Most ages will be around 100 Mb. It doesn't seems a lot but if you consider there are approximately 130 ages, the total count is several Gb.
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Phantom » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:08 pm

Hello Annabelle

Wow there are certainly a lot of helpful people on this forum and I thank you all very much for all your help. Thank you for your Annabelle for the Myst 5, I will attempt that today. :geek:

In the meantime, I would like to wish everyone on this Guild of Writers forum, a very Happy New Year, and may it bring all you wish for and to your families. Best wishes and kind regards :lol:

Phantom :) :) :)
Phantom

Postby Phantom » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:43 pm

Hi there dendwaler

When setting up the UAM Manager, it tells us to switch to this following server, http://www.the-deep-island.de/uru-ages/ :?: :?: Could someone or yourself please tell me why the UAM Manager says that it is an invalid server. I would like to download the latest Ages please, kind regards

Phantom :)
Phantom

Postby Phantom » Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:43 pm

Hi everyone

Does anyone have a problem with the Teledahn age, as you know you get into a bucket and it takes you to the top of the mushroom and unceremoniously dumps you, well I am up at that place where it dumps you and the program freezes. I have tried a reset but it does not work. :?: :?:

Also just for a thought, before you could pick up all the pod age books and it appears that you can not do this, or is it happening to just me, your input would be appreciated, thank you. :?: :?:

Phantom
Phantom

Postby Phantom » Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:32 pm

Hi there

Pod ages sorted, they have stuck them all in one book! Wow! :o :o :!: :!:

I would like to know how to fix the glitch in Teledahn please. Many thanks

Phantom
Phantom

PreviousNext

Return to Deep Island