Welcome to The Deep Island Shard!

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

Re: Welcome to The Deep Island Shard!

Postby finnagan2000 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:27 pm

Flymode does not work neither does the command /getjourneys help :(
finnagan2000

Postby Sirius » Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:07 pm

finnagan2000 wrote:Flymode does not work neither does the command /getjourneys help :(

Yes, only the admins can use it. For players, you must do everything yourself ;) .

cennie wrote:Ahhh HAH.. figured it out.. that was cool but you can't let anyone drop your pellets.. they end up with them so its back to the drawing board!! :cry:

IIRC, the first time it falls into the water it doesn't do anything. No light.
[EDIT: False, it does light. But you can't see the symboles from the upper part.]
But I think mixing the way pellets work in MOUL and PotS is possible, this way it would do light when another player links in AND after a waiting time.
Tell the stone in YOUR age to link only to YOUR Pellet cave should be possible as well (it is some kind of share option in one of the Python files, it shouldn't be too hard to do).

By the way, pellet score doesn't work either. But again it should be possible.
Last edited by Sirius on Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sirius

Postby finnagan2000 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:06 pm

Sirius wrote:
finnagan2000 wrote:Flymode does not work neither does the command /getjourneys help :(

Yes, only the admins can use it. For players, you must do everything yourself ;) .

cennie wrote:Ahhh HAH.. figured it out.. that was cool but you can't let anyone drop your pellets.. they end up with them so its back to the drawing board!! :cry:

IIRC, the first time it falls into the water it doesn't do anything. No light.
But I think mixing the way pellets work in MOUL and PotS is possible, this way it would do light when another player links in AND after a waiting time.
Tell the stone in YOUR age to link only to YOUR Pellet cave should be possible as well (it is some kind of share option in one of the Python files, it shouldn't be too hard to do).

By the way, pellet score doesn't work either. But again it should be possible.

but I can use SOME admin commands like /fogcolor blue and /jump so what commands can and cant I use?
finnagan2000

Postby diafero » Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:38 am

but I can use SOME admin commands like /fogcolor blue and /jump so what commands can and cant I use?
These commands are not considered admin commands. The "/help" command lists all commands and also states which need story or admin access (those are the ones you can, per default, only use offline).

That would require the pellet cave to be a sub age of Er'cana - which however would mean that you could not link there from Ahnonay. Some manual instance GUID hacking would be possible in theory, if the actual age owner is always the first one to link to the cave and back: Upon link-in back to Er'cana, the GUID of the pellet age could be saved in an age chronicle, which could then be read by other players. Hacky as hell... :lol:
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby RenezJ » Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:20 am

I cannot connect!! What to do??
RenezJ

Postby Sirius » Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:29 am

I don't know at all how sub ages really work in Python, or what are GUIDs, however I found something interesting.

The Bahro Stones "sharing" seems to be controlled by the Python file "xLinkingBookGUIPopup.py". If you open the one from MOUL, you can see 6 new "def" paragraphs at the end. They are some sentences using "GUID". I copied them, copied the lines telling to use these in the other "def", and then renamed every "pelletBahroCave" to "BahroCave02". I still have the two Bahro Stones working. Again I can't test it as it is in single player CC, but shouldn't it link me to "my" version of the bahro cave ?

Maybe you should take a look to it. It could be nice to be able to invite friend to drop us pellets when we don't want to wait...
Sirius

Postby finnagan2000 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:09 am

diafero wrote:
These commands are not considered admin commands. The "/help" command lists all commands and also states which need story or admin access (those are the ones you can, per default, only use offline).

That would require the pellet cave to be a sub age of Er'cana - which however would mean that you could not link there from Ahnonay. Some manual instance GUID hacking would be possible in theory, if the actual age owner is always the first one to link to the cave and back: Upon link-in back to Er'cana, the GUID of the pellet age could be saved in an age chronicle, which could then be read by other players. Hacky as hell... :lol:

thats ok because I have offline too >:) and it has flymode and every other admin command
finnagan2000

Postby diafero » Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:52 pm

The GUID is a global unique identifier for an age instance. If you know the filename and the GUID of an age, you can link there from anywhere. Usually, if a link to, say, Eder Gira is requested, the game looks into the "AgesIOwnFolder" of your avatar vault, which stores some information - including spawn points and GUID - about your own ages. Relto has a link to that folder, too, so that other players in your Relto can see the books you got, and link there. But when you are in Er'cana, there is no way for anyone else to find out what the GUID of your pellet cave is, unless it is stored within the age vault - which includes the case of a sub age. The best example for a sub age is Eder Delin/Tsogahl, which are sub ages of the hood: Each hood stores a link to its sub-Delin, and the Delin stores a link back to the hood (the connection is bidirectional, i.e. the hood is then the sub-age of Delin). This means that two players using the same book arrive in the same instance without sharing, as the GUID is read from the hood age vault. This also means that you have to be in the hood to link there, as the GUID is stored *only* in the hood age vault.

I do not know what GUIDs MOUL stores at the end of that file, but I suspect it is about some hard-coded global instances.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby stanhin » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:21 pm

I don't know if this is the correct thread to say this, but I just downloaded the patch and it worked perfectly. To all those who set this up, thank you, thank you, thank you.
stanhin

Postby diafero » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:11 am

Yes, this is the right place - thanks! :)

diafero
Deep Island Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Deep Island