Welcome to The Deep Island Shard!

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

Re: Welcome to The Deep Island Shard!

Postby diafero » Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:29 pm

It's great to see how I can stay away from these forums for months (due to being busy with university), and newcomers are still helped - way more thorough and patiently than I could. Thanks a lot to all of you :)
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Charura » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:30 pm

Do you have a specific icon image that I can use to place on my desktop (to start the application) that will be unique to your shard when I look for it? Should I be creative and make my own? All others have unique icons...
Gehn Shard avvies: charura 10827 chickopee 142711 cannon belle 144577 char gearz 149794 teri dactyl 153077
Moul(a) Charura 55400 Chickopee 20089892 Cannon Belle 13686512 Char Gearz 706359 Teri Dactyl 12658065
Charura

Postby Sirius » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:11 am

If you're interested, there is a way to use any image as an icon...

• find a good picture. It should be easily identifiable even in low-res
  • open the picture in an image editor. I use XnView myself, but even Paint should do
  • select a square portion of the image (otherwise it might look streched). Trim the outer side, so you only have what's left in your selection (in XnView it's shift-x)
  • save the image as .ico. If you can't find .ico, use .bmp instead, and rename it later to .ico
  • set it as the icon for the game
Sirius

Postby gchaser » Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:17 pm

I know that I may be a "day late" and a "dollar short", but better late than never! I want to install the Deep Island Shard and I have the following programs already installed and do not want to affect them. Myst Online-URU Live, Gehn Shard, The Open Cave, and Myst URU Complete Chronicles offline.

From what I've read so far in the 17 pages of this thread, it looks like I need to do a clean install (in a new directory) of Myst URU Complete Chronicles, and install the DI-Patcher in that new directory as well. Please let me know if this is the cleanest and safest way to get to the Deep Island Shard, and not affect everything I have done on the other Myst games.

Thanks, gchaser
gchaser

Postby Sirius » Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:38 am

Heh, it's never too late !

MOUL, Gehn, etc, shouldn't be affected by installing DI - the only conflict might be with Complete Chronicles.

If you played Complete Chronicles without installing the Offline-KI or new content with Drizzle, you can install DI on it (but you won't be able to play offline anymore). Otherwise, it's recommended to uninstall and delete the remaining files, then reinstall a clean Complete Chronicles to avoid issues.

If you want to keep BOTH an offline version of Complete Chronicles AND a version of DI, you can copy the whole Complete Chronicles folder (where UruExplorer.exe is located) to a new folder, and install DI in this folder.
Then you can use Drizzle to install the Offline-KI and new stuff in Complete Chronicles' folder. You don't need to use Drizzle to modify the Deep Island installation (except for MOUL/Myst V Ages).

Multiple versions of Uru can run in different folders (no matter their version), but Complete Chronicles' installer usually doesn't allow you to create two distinct installation folders for the game - that's why you need to copy the files yourself to a new folder where DI will be located.

Hope that was clear enough !
Sirius

Postby Annabelle » Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:16 am

@ Sirius: it passes my Quality Control test :lol:
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby gchaser » Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:40 pm

Thank you Sirius, everything worked as you said. The only issue I had, was when reading through the "Setting up a Deep Island Client" instructions on another post, I couldn't follow this small step... "If you are using Windows 7, right-click onto "Uru.exe", choose the "Compatibility" tab, and select the compatibility mode for "Windows 7" (I know that this step sounds crazy, but it helped for many many people, so please just do it)." I have Windows 7 Home Premium and I did not see a "Compatibility" tab, so I just clicked on URU.exe and the client started the download and install.

Thanks again for your very helpful instructions !
gchaser

Postby krepta3000 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:11 pm

I want to install Deep Island shard, however, I can not see any way to do so. Why? Because when I click on a link to page with that information, it gives me an error, the page does not load. I will look through THIS thread to see if I can find a working link. Please fix the broken links. Thank you.
krepta3000

Postby Deledrius » Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:18 pm

krepta3000 wrote:I want to install Deep Island shard, however, I can not see any way to do so. Why? Because when I click on a link to page with that information, it gives me an error, the page does not load. I will look through THIS thread to see if I can find a working link. Please fix the broken links. Thank you.

Unfortunately this thread's first post appears to link to the incorrect domain.

I believe these instructions are what you want. The wiki page on Uru:CC is also useful.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Toki » Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:17 pm

Shorah!! :)

If the place of the post is not appropriate, I apologize!!

I read this report of Mr. Whilyam.
Kahlo Tour

I am interested in this Age very much, but the general people cannot go to here now.
I have DI Shard (Drizzle). Is it impossible to go from here? ;)

Thanks,
Toki
Toki

PreviousNext

Return to Deep Island