Widescreen resolutions

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

Widescreen resolutions

Postby diafero » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:42 am

You can set a widescreen resolution as follows:
- Create a file called "urustarter.ini" in your Uru folder (make sure you have "Extras - Folder settings", tab "View", checkbox "Hide extensions of known file types" disabled... the names of the items might be different, I don't have an English version). The file should have the following content:
Code: Select all
width=auto
height=auto
colourDepth=32
this automatically uses your monitor's native resolution. If you want to hard-code a different one, you can use numbers instead of "auto".
- Now start Uru and choose a resolution of "800x600" - that's the sign for UruStarter to use a custom resolution. If you want to use windowed mode, remove the line containing "colourDepth" and enable windows mode as usual.
- Finally click "Play" and enjoy the correct resolution :)

This will not fix stretched avatars and other elements of the game - Uru is not widescreen compatible and the patch can not change that. However, the picture is exact and sharp now and fills the whole screen as it doesn't have to be stretched or cropped.

EDIT: We have since installed Chogon's widescreen patch, to avatars and objects in the ages should not be stretched any more. However, the game UI elements will only use the center of the screen and remain 4:3.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Re: Widescreen resolutions

Postby diafero » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:54 am

17.01.2013:
Added documentation of new "auto" value which uses the monitor's native resolution
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Return to Deep Island