Client crash fixes: Windows 7, linking crashes

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

Client crash fixes: Windows 7, linking crashes

Postby diafero » Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:07 pm

Tahgtahv did some amazing work and patched the UruExplorer.exe. He fixed some errors that made Uru crash: On Windows 7 (without compatibility mode), the crash when linking to Teledahn was fixed. Besides, he managed to fix the issue that resulted in a lot of crashes when you or someone else linked out, and the avatar was running an animation, or climbing a ladder, or something similar.
So, those of you using Windows 7, could you try to disable compatibility mode and link to Teledahn? We would appreciate any feedback. And for everyone, please look out for new weird crashes - it is hard to predict the side-effects of such changes. If you experience any problems, the stacktrace shown by Uru is required to look into them, so please copy it (either from the game window, or if it crashed too hard, from the file stackDump.log in the Uru log directory).

Thanks a lot again, Tahgtahv!
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Re: Client crash fixes: Windows 7, linking crashes

Postby keiya » Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:38 pm

I'm getting a crash any time I try to take a KI snapshot. Right after I click the eye. It's not in my KI or on my hard drive, either. I've given Tahg the stack trace elsewhere. EDIT: Turns out that's an old one, uru's not getting a chance to write it before crashing.
keiya

Postby MalteS » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:51 am

After updating this morning, the game crashes when it should start... After all files have been updated, i get the message that "Uru.exe doesn't work any longer". Yesterday I could play without any problems :)

edit: works fine now ;) maybe windows wasn't as fast as me in closing the compability mode^^
MalteS

Postby diafero » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:39 am

Could others please try making KI shots? They don't work for me anyway, not even offline, so I can't test that.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby MalteS » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:50 am

i've done some already, works fine ;)
MalteS

Postby keiya » Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:42 pm

diafero wrote:Could others please try making KI shots? They don't work for me anyway, not even offline, so I can't test that.

We've figured out what it is: Apparently, on my computer, Uru does NOT like having part of its window off-screen.
keiya

Postby diafero » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:46 am

Still weird, but at least the cause is known :)

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby kaelisebonrai » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:02 am

I think Tahg has some clue on why, sorta kinda, I guess you could ask Tahg about it in IRC? =)
kaelisebonrai

Postby diafero » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:36 pm

I would most likely not understand the reply :lol:

On a German forum, some people are reporting issues on Win7 64bit: Windows tell them that Uru.exe failed launching or something, and it takes some tries to get it working.

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Return to Deep Island