Seret and no 'hood instances...?

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

Seret and no 'hood instances...?

Postby Calam » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:06 am

So I have to ask, what's the point of taking away the 'hood instances in the DI shard? And why make a Seret neighborhood? I realize this makes the game a little more congruous, i.e. you don't have 5 billion neighborhoods that are IC "not instanced" yet somehow in the same spot. Still, doesn't this sort of muddle canon a bit...? Not that DI is officially canon, but what about the RPers who folks who want their Ages to fit into Uru's canon? And how are we supposed to treat Seret-- is it the Seret, or just an altered Bevin?
Calam

Re: Seret and no 'hood instances...?

Postby kaelisebonrai » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:13 am

That Seret is /the/ Seret. It is the same details as provided to RAWA after nearly a month of research, speaking to those who were there, etc. (As in, that is as close as humanly possible as the original Seret from Choru, I personally checked it with those who were present, and worked with them closely for the SDL settings of it. =) )

As for multiple hoods... Alcugs does not support that. =P DI takes nothing away, it just simply isn't a feature, also, this belongs in DI's forum.

So, yes, that is as canon of a Seret setting as there will be until RAWA implements the settings /he/ asked for, and I provided at his request (the same settings, with the exception of light levels, etc).

It does not muddle canon at all, as the hood represents in as close as is possible to obtain to the original details of the /original/ Seret from Choru. RAWA does not even have written documentation of the original Seret (and, infact, asked /me/ to tell him what I'd uncovered). So I spent quite nearly a month doing research with all the information that still remains from that period, regarding Seret. =)
kaelisebonrai

Postby Whilyam » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:29 am

Calam, it only muddles canon if you have no idea what canon is. Also, this is in the wrong forum area. In short: >link<
Whilyam

Postby Erik » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:08 am

I think it's quite nice to have just Bevin and Seret. Thanks Kaelis for telling all that about Seret. It's nice to know that Seret looks about the same as the original one. :)

I wondered though, why is Kirel called "Guild Neighborhood" in the Nexus? It looks a little out of place next to Bevin and Seret. Or - this has only just crossed my mind - is the original Kirel still present as well?
Erik

Postby kaelisebonrai » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:50 am

the original Kirel is there as well, yes. (called "DRC Neighborhood") As diafero and Old Wolle didn't like the new Kirel, basically, so they didn't want to replace the old with the new. ( unfortunately :< )

There's not much that will be done about that, I have some random ideas to make it more like they're different hoods... but that's only a measure to make it more sane, but it won't magically fix the canon issues there :< (as much as I'd /like/ to fix those, I can't =P)
kaelisebonrai

Postby diafero » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:43 pm

Indeed, there are some persons that prefer the quiet old Kirel, and others like the new colourful carnival-like one, so the obviously solution was to provide both ;-)

To reply to Calam's post: Kaelis already said all, basically. Hoods were never implemented in Alcugs, and would also require some TPOTS client patches (most notably the delete button on the hood book in Relto). You are comapring Alcugs to UU and MOUL and see something "taken away" - fact is, Alcugs got a whole lot of stuff *added* to be so close to Cyan's online games. Your comment shows we were quite successful, thanks :) . It was a long, hard and thrilling work, and those that followed it might still remember various stages of brokenness :lol: (and I was not even around in times when inter-age chat was not supported... :D )

And regarding any canon issues, those might be my fault - I was never really into that. I usually try to comply with the rough idea of canon I have, but in the end I mainly care about the technical side of things and have neither knowledge nor patience to get the canon stuff right. Lucky enough, Cyan screwed that up so much in MOUL it's hardly noticeable :shock: :)
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Calam » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:27 pm

Whilyam wrote:Calam, it only muddles canon if you have no idea what canon is. Also, this is in the wrong forum area. In short: >link<

I know what canon is.

And your link doesn't work.
Calam

Postby rustee » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:08 pm

It does. You just... failed to hear it :)
rustee

Postby Calam » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:41 pm

rustee wrote:It does. You just... failed to hear it :)

It worked. And I don't get the joke.
Calam

Postby Wamduskasapa » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:55 pm

The Link that he refered to is a sound byte that states
Show Spoiler
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa