How to play URU in DI Shard for dummies

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

Re: How to play URU in DI Shard for dummies

Postby Annabelle » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:09 pm

Because the one who controls "the sphere turning" is in control ;)

You can set the age to any sphere you want, I can guarantee you I will put it back to MY sphere and you will hate me for that ;)

oh and BTW...you don't even have to be out of the age for that to occur, I can make it while you are in a sphere, you will think of going in the next sphere...and you will finally end up in MY sphere :) , I will just put you from an active to an inactive sphere.
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby diafero » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:40 am

But we all know you won't do that Annabelle, right? :twisted:
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Annabelle » Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:34 pm

Right :D

I just tested it once on my Annabelle2 avatar to see if it would works just as it does in MOULa but I couldn't be that mean :lol: with others.

If you want to test it though, we can settle a rendez-vous on DI shard to test this out, it is not that hard and the principle is very an obvious one when you have a fairly good understanding of what Ahnonay Spheres ages are.

I just doesnt want to tell you this on forum like do A then do B then do C as it will spoil the fun and maybe meaner explorers could use it against others which is not very fun. You always have to think that maybe the girl or guy is a newbie and doesn't understand the age so if you come with your knowledge and mess around it will just leave this explorer with a bitter experience.
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Zesty of Xeniphers » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:06 am

thank you for this Annabelle :) is there a LIST OF COMMANDS we can use in Deep Island ? i searched and could not find it.
Zesty of Xeniphers

Postby Annabelle » Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:14 am

Hi Zesty,

In game, type /help and you will access all the commands, take snapshoots of them then make a list.

You can also look inside the Wiki here in the Guild of Writers. Follow this link: http://www.guildofwriters.org/wiki/Offline_KI:Documentation

Some commands are only available for us when we play offline because we are de facto the sole admin of our game. Online, we don't have the same power.
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Zesty of Xeniphers » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:41 am

hi annabelle and everyone. kirk and i are trying to finish ahnonay for 2 days. something strange is going on there. the 4th sphere can't be reached. we played off and on line ahnonay many times before and never had any problems with it but here in DI it is simply not working. we do all by the book, we hear the grinding noise from the water mainatance door, we press the cloth and then when we link from relto back via the cloth instead of 4th sphere we find ourselves in the 3rd one ! if we go back to the water ahnonay to repeat the process we find the tower door closed so we have to repeat the whole process all over again just to get the same result. please advice.
Zesty of Xeniphers

Postby Annabelle » Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:08 pm

I'm guessing you are trying to reach the 4th sphere together... it might not be possible. I'll try all alone. At this time the server should be empty it will be easier to test it.

EDIT (After testing):

I'm inside the bahro cave on the lower level reached from Kadish Office in the middle of the vortex. I reached the 4th sphere...and I started it from scratch.

Here are the steps to follow:

Show Spoiler

You'll succeed that way :D
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Zesty of Xeniphers » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:14 am

it is exactly what and how we did it but we finished in the sphere 3 instead of 4 ! but yes, we have been together. i don't see why that should be a problem ?
Zesty of Xeniphers

Postby Annabelle » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:43 pm

Zesty of Xeniphers wrote:it is exactly what and how we did it but we finished in the sphere 3 instead of 4 ! but yes, we have been together. i don't see why that should be a problem ?

It is a server-mystery :lol: I remember a day when diafero and I were in the Cathedral and an explorer came by saying she was trying to solve Ahnonay. Diafero told us about solving this age all alone even though this age is public-instanced.

The issue might lies in the fact that this shard is based on URU:CC rather than MOUL like Gehn for instance which means that it's made for playing offline, all alone. If you pay close attention when linking in the 2nd sphere, you'll see for a split second the ning trees before they are all removed. We also don't see any crabs in the 1st sphere. Ahnonay is a very complex age in term of coding and it was easier to disable those features rather than trying to fiddle things up.

You have to keep in mind that DI, an alcugs shard, is a compromise to let explorer play online using an offline game. Those kind of shards, NOT DI which is more recent than MOULa, were put in place when there was no online URU server. They let us visit all the fan ages made public to date which is mostly why people are liking them.
Last edited by Annabelle on Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Zesty of Xeniphers » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:18 am

we managed to get to the 4th sphere, touched the last cloth but where is the portal ???
Zesty of Xeniphers

PreviousNext

Return to Deep Island