How does DI do D'ni?

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

How does DI do D'ni?

Postby Chestnut » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:29 pm

Is the city like in MO:ULa or is it just my instance?

Also, because theres no instance 'hoods, I assume that everyone just piles into the one 'hood that is DI's hood?
Chestnut

Re: How does DI do D'ni?

Postby Pavitra » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:50 pm

Everyone's in the one 'hood.

DI's Ae'gura is actually less instanced than MOULagain. If you use the Relto-shelf City book, then Mulligan takes you to a private instance, but DI sends you to the public city no matter how you link.
Have Ages, and link to them without bindings. [Words 1:13]
Seltani
Pavitra

Postby tachzusamm » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:01 am

Pavitra wrote:If you use the Relto-shelf City book, then Mulligan takes you to a private instance, but ...

Hehe. :lol:
From now on, I'll prefer this name.
tachzusamm

Postby gabriml » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:21 pm

I just finished the Great Zero calibration sequence. But the Great Zero did not start up when I entered the calibration final marker. Is this due to the city being a public location?

The coordinates on my KI work now. I assume the coordinates on the nexus screens also work.

In MOULa the Great Zero is working.

Mark
Mark Gabrielson
Gehn KI#: 28638
-----------------------
John Three Sixteen
gabriml

Postby tangara » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:29 am

Yes, that's it, in DI the Great Zero is a public location while in MOULa it is a personal location. 8-)
tangara

Postby diafero » Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:18 am

In MOUla it's hood-instanced, and it is enabled even before you do anything with your KI, for the same reason all the sparklies are enabled - because Cyan enabled (almost) everything.
IC, by playing the marker missions, all the explorers collect data that is stored in the GZ to find out what signal matches what coordinate. When enough data is collected, the GZ can be started, and then it runs for everyone and works. However, since that wouldn't work out offline (just one explorer, nobody to say "now the story advanced to the point where the GZ is started"), they changed the trigger there to be automatic, after the player found the last of those 4 final markers. Offline KI behaves like POTS when used offline, and like UU/MOUL when used online.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Return to Deep Island