How Pellets in Er'cana works?

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

How Pellets in Er'cana works?

Postby Annabelle » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:24 am

EDITED POST

I decided to edit this post because of 2 main reasons:

1st) I felt it was use maliciously against me on another URU community's forum (don't look for it, it has been moderated and wiped up since, the whole thread) to reinforce the other party's point of view.

2nd) After having exchanging PMs with Mac Fife on the same forum, I decided to stop exposing bad "exploits" out in the open since it can troubled some explorers. Even though this forum (GoW's) is more open to "exploits", I don't want to expose this "exploit" I was telling here before last saturday

It's a bad "exploit": It does give you an advantage over other explorers and it's not fear at all! You can make pellet points at a faster pace than the alpha explorers.

A "good" exploit IMO would be an exploit such as "Cleft Completion without touching any clothes on MOULa with skydiving techniques": With such, you are indeed completing the Cleft faster than the alpha explorer but there's no advantage doing such in term of gameplay. You just gained few minutes against your own gameplay... there's no substantial gain over other explorers' gameplays.
Last edited by Annabelle on Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:02 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Re: How Pellets in Er'cana works?

Postby diafero » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:08 am

There is no pellet score or anything like that. All this was added in MOUL and never got backported to POTS.

tsts, always cheating... :lol:
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby cennie » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:31 am

Okay so you can fast forward.. What happens when you cant turn the ovens back on. I've tried for two days now and still the four wont light up yellow. I know its a simple task but this one isn't acting simple.. any suggestions? I would like to head on over to myst now.. :cry:

Cennie

Update * Disregard* Diafero came to Ercana and found my problem*

Thanks again for Everything!!
Cennie
cennie

Postby Chacal » Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:57 pm

In addition to servers, diafero can repair ovens and washing machines.
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby Annabelle » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:59 pm

I've edited the first post on this thread changing the whole aspect of it in respect of posts from Saturday up to tonight on MOULa's official forum.
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Ehren » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:49 am

Since this thread is about pellets, I have a glitch to report.

When using pellets at the bahro cave (BahroCave02), they land in the pool of water, but they don't light up anything. And I know I've tested with recipes that produce both orange and white glow.
Ehren

Postby Annabelle » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:28 pm

@ Ehren: is this occuring in Deep Island (or more extensively in any TPOTS environment) or it's a MOUL environment oriented issue? The latter shouldn't be addressed here.

If it's related to TPOTS maybe Diafero can answer, I remember he has said something to me about pellet behaviours in TPOTS but I don't quite remember what it was about. I think it has something to do with points. :?

If I remember well, he said that the whole "pellet" process in Deep Island is quite broken.

I don't want to put words in his mouth so best is that he answers himself. ;)
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:01 pm

Topic locked due to retroactive history editing. Please note that post editing and deletion features have been disabled for all users except moderators due to this abuse. There is now a 5 minute time limit on post editing and deleting.
Last edited by Tsar Hoikas on Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: found a fun setting in the ACP
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Return to Deep Island