How to cheat by Annabelle

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

Re: How to cheat by Annabelle

Postby Annabelle » Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:25 am

I was wondering who could possibly come up with a title like "How to cheat by Annabelle"... I was about to file a complaint :lol: seriously I'm not joking ok it was me a long long time ago, how can I remember all my "inventive thread titles" ;) ?

@ Dave: If you use jump command like this: /jump 10, you will jump of 10 feet (d'ni but consider them as US feet for avatar size, female are a slight bit over 5 feet high and male just a slight bit under 6 feet high)

If you type: /jump -10, you will go down of 10 feet no matter what is below your feet. If there's solid ground, you will continue to fall until hitting it, if not, well... your hut will welcome you warmly ;)

now to go in elliptic way (note that horizontal move aren't possible), you need to type in the jump command WITHOUT typing enter key yet.

Let say you want to do an elliptic move of 25 feet which will bring you forward as a final result (on the other side of a collision wall for instance)

1) you type /jump 25
2) you hold your mouse to walk or run forward (against a vertical surface or just in plain open space) (latter won't make you go over wall unless really close of them)
3) once ready to be propelled into air, you hit enter key
4) voilà! you will fly in an elliptical manner to end up forward in the scenery :)
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby dave735 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:05 pm

Thank you Annabelle for that unusually clear and helpful description. My avie is poised to take advantage of my new mobility even as I write this. By the way, I do not recall reading about this in the offline KI info. Is this information already hidden away somewhere in older forum postings, or did you have to figure it out for yourself?
dave735

Postby Annabelle » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:13 pm

You are welcome :)

I was taught by Deelena on Pelishard but then I was too green so I didn't even understand what she taught me at that time ;)

... then I was retaught by Kaelis ebonrai on my Deep Island shard first visit back in the good old days.

It's an old savoir lost in the deeps of time... every ancients know about this (or should know about this) ;) :lol:
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Previous

Return to Deep Island