Marker Quests

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

Marker Quests

Postby Annabelle » Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:33 pm

Hello everyone,

for those of you that knew me from MOULa, I'm famous with my marker quests even if 95% of explorers are not able to finish them or in some case not able to do them at all since they all need combo jumps. But hey!!! This is not MOULa, this is DI and in here we are all equal, I mean by that, everybody have the same tools to do skydiving, or should I say, Cavern's Skydiving, which imply getting in weird places more than falling from the sky and opening a parachute (what many of you guys call : doing glitches).

I've visited 95% of the available ages in the past few weeks and there are only 3 that are what I call : blocked ages. In those 3 ages : jump and spawn are not allowed. This is not Diafero's personal choice but an express demand from the age's author. Those 3 ages are puzzles ages. So it is, in a sense, to prevent cheating (which I approve 100% I hate cheating ;) :lol: ). I wasn't so happy with those blocked ages, but we can always cheat them by playing them with Drizzle on a standalone version, then try to remember the puzzles' solutions (always trying work-arounds, oh my :lol: ).

With that said, I made a quest in Sonavio called Annabelle's Sonavio : 24 markers, you must complete all the age's puzzles to be able to get my 24 markers, I've done that to prevent cheating :). Sonavio is one of the 3 blocked ages so I was not very happy with that and while doing the puzzles, I've done what I'm good at...trying to get to high places and...it works yes with the Havoc engine which is somewhat very frustrating when it comes to getting to areas not intend at first. This is why I still like MOULa, for the physX engine which is so bad and so glitchy that it makes a real good job for skydivers like me.

So, I've learned to appreciate this blocked age and now I like it very much. If this age was unblocked, everyone could finish my quest in 5 minutes, with the blockings, hummmm let me think??? several hours :lol: .

If you want to try it ask me when I'm on DI, and yes I will create more marker quests, and they will be hard, I only said that we are all equal having the same tools to do skydiving, not the same guts, the same curiosity or the same sillyness.

BTW, this topic is not called Annabelle's Marker Quests so... ;) if you have quests to propose even if they are in french, in german, in whatever language, post them here. I usually make my quests in english. And all type of quests are welcome too : I make skydiving quests because this is my preference, but some of you might prefer other type of quests, post them here. There are no rules yet but I would like to see, and I'm surely not the only one, a little brieve description with your quest's name like, for example :

Annabelle's Sonavio, 24 markers, this quest involves some skydiving skills and you must complete all the age's puzzles to complete the quest.
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Re: Marker Quests

Postby Annabelle » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:14 pm

New marker quest from me :

Annabelle's Age Maps Gallery - 52 markers - need skydiving skills - you will see the age inside out :lol:
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Egon » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:23 pm

Annabelle wrote:New marker quest from me :

Annabelle's Age Maps Gallery - 52 markers - need skydiving skills - you will see the age inside out :lol:

Hmm, I might configure DI client just to see that ;)
Egon #2052375
Who You gonna call? Guild of Doorcallers! #5356672
Eder Tsogal/Delin Marathon
Egon

Postby Annabelle » Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:55 am

You should Egon ;) , I just love your age and every inch of it has seen an Annabelle's foot stepped on. E-V-E-R-Y inch really :lol:
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Return to Deep Island