Eder Delin and Eder Tsogal and others

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

Re: Eder Delin and Eder Tsogal

Postby diafero » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:37 pm

The instance you get to from the book is exactly the same age as the one from Relto. There is no difference in loading time, just some SDL settings. In the Deep Ilsnad Shard, not even this applies - you actually arrive in your own Gahreesen.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby nathan2055 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:25 pm

diafero wrote:The instance you get to from the book is exactly the same age as the one from Relto. There is no difference in loading time, just some SDL settings. In the Deep Ilsnad Shard, not even this applies - you actually arrive in your own Gahreesen.

OK, I guess that it creates a special instance in MO:UL, or maybe a Bevin instance. But it's not global.
Currently an official representative of the Guild of Writers.
Nathan2055 (01307567) on MO:ULagain - NAL2055 (00071382) on The Deep Island Shard
Community Nexus Project
nathan2055

Postby diafero » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:19 am

Yes, that's true - the blockers are set so that you can not play the actual age. The engine however still loads all the data, you just can not reach it.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby nathan2055 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:14 pm

diafero wrote:Yes, that's true - the blockers are set so that you can not play the actual age. The engine however still loads all the data, you just can not reach it.

I wonder what triggers the different name on the KI?
Nathan2055 (01307567) on MO:ULagain - NAL2055 (00071382) on The Deep Island Shard
Community Nexus Project
nathan2055

Postby diafero » Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:09 pm

...? The different Gahreesens have different names in MOUL?

At any rate, the name is read from per-instance data in the vault, so it can easily differ between instances.

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby nathan2055 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:15 pm

nathan2055 wrote:
diafero wrote:But it takes longer to go to the hood, and then to Gahreesen, and then to the KI, than to directly get the KI from Gahreesen.

It makes sense in MOUL (a bit) where you can not go to Gahreesen immediately.

First, how is that possible?
Show Spoiler

Yes, it makes since in MOUL, but, (at least on my connection) it takes a LONG time to get to Gahreesen. The book makes since, as it leads to a instance made just for getting the KI (the KI refers to it as Gahreesen').

Well, it does in MO:UL. :|
Community Nexus Project
nathan2055

Postby diafero » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:59 am

What exactly are you replying to here? As I said above, loading the Gahreesen from the hood takes as long to load as the one from Relto. It's the same age. Just different settings.
There are just 3 places available in the book room, and removing one of them to offer an alternative way to Gahreesen that takes longer than the other one would not be a good idea, in my eyes. Eder Delin/Tsogal would get completely unavailable, and the GZ would only be available through Teledahn->spyroom->Phil's Relto->Kirel.

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby nathan2055 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:58 am

nathan2055 wrote:
Yes, it makes since in MOUL, but, (at least on my connection) it takes a LONG time to get to Gahreesen. The book makes since, as it leads to a instance made just for getting the KI (the KI refers to it as Gahreesen').

Well, it does in MO:UL. :|

This post was about the Gahreesen names.

Also, the Great Zero book shouldn't be there in the first place.
Show Spoiler
Community Nexus Project
nathan2055

Postby diafero » Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:03 pm

Yes, I know that, every IC-player cries when seeing it... but it was Cyan who did it, we just copied that from MOUL ;-) . I saw so better way of getting access to GZ... well, it could be added to Nexus, but that one is already way too crowded, IMHO.

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby nathan2055 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:14 pm

diafero wrote:Yes, I know that, every IC-player cries when seeing it... but it was Cyan who did it, we just copied that from MOUL ;-) . I saw so better way of getting access to GZ... well, it could be added to Nexus, but that one is already way too crowded, IMHO.

Speaking of way too crowded, I scanned my KI at the pedestal in Bevin, and now I have a duplicate link in City Locations.
Community Nexus Project
nathan2055

PreviousNext

Return to Deep Island