Eder Delin and Eder Tsogal and others

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

Eder Delin and Eder Tsogal and others

Postby Annabelle » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:18 am

Hello,

I was wondering if Eder Delin and Eder Tsogal are working in the shard.

If it is the case, is that like in MOULa, so we must do them with others because the wheel turns too fast or, is that like in Drizzle with a standalone version of URU : CC, in which the wheel turns very slowly enable us to do the age alone, running the 7 clothes?

For now, I've done them the skydiving way which implies some cheating :lol: but it might be great to do them with others like in MOULa.
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Re: Eder Delin and Eder Tsogal

Postby diafero » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:36 am

They are supposed to work like in MOUL :)
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby ddb174 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:10 am

I had to rewrite the Delin/Tsogal code from scratch, because it wasn't done in Python, and had to thus be reimplemented for Pots. I made it so that offline you have lots of time and online you don't. There are some other differences, such as how the doors don't automatically close; they stay open until you leave the Age and come back.
ddb174

Postby Annabelle » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:46 pm

Thank you Diafero and Dustin.

I cheated them very bad though with the help of jump command. :)

On standalone, I have done them the intended way and wow this is a real fun thing to do. You have to know where the 7 clothes are, remember their respective number and run like a wild rabbit from one cloth to the other, until the door opens :lol: .
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby nathan2055 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:46 am

Speaking of all this, it seems that the Gahressen linking book is in Seret (due to the fact of having Eder Delin and Tsogal in DI Bevin), which you can't get to without a KI. It defeats the purpose of the book.
Currently an official representative of the Guild of Writers.
Nathan2055 (01307567) on MO:ULagain - NAL2055 (00071382) on The Deep Island Shard
Community Nexus Project
nathan2055

Postby diafero » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:01 am

I never saw the purpose of that book, actually, which is why I voted for having Delin and Tsogal available instead of only one of them plus Gahreesen. After all, you can easily get the KI in your own Gahreesen instance.

Oh, and you *can* get to Seret without the KI ;-)
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Annabelle » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:09 pm

Diafero said :
Oh, and you *can* get to Seret without the KI

Annabelle is thinking :
"Hummm...I will have to create a new avvie just to test this affirmation. Oh well! Let me create a 4th avvie then." :lol:
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby nathan2055 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:44 pm

diafero wrote:I never saw the purpose of that book, actually, which is why I voted for having Delin and Tsogal available instead of only one of them plus Gahreesen. After all, you can easily get the KI in your own Gahreesen instance.

Oh, and you *can* get to Seret without the KI ;-)

First, how is that possible? Second, the book is to help get the KI has quick as possible.
Nathan2055 (01307567) on MO:ULagain - NAL2055 (00071382) on The Deep Island Shard
Community Nexus Project
nathan2055

Postby diafero » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:51 am

But it takes longer to go to the hood, and then to Gahreesen, and then to the KI, than to directly get the KI from Gahreesen.

It makes sense in MOUL (a bit) where you can not go to Gahreesen immediately.

First, how is that possible?
Show Spoiler

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby nathan2055 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:47 am

diafero wrote:But it takes longer to go to the hood, and then to Gahreesen, and then to the KI, than to directly get the KI from Gahreesen.

It makes sense in MOUL (a bit) where you can not go to Gahreesen immediately.

First, how is that possible?
Show Spoiler

Yes, it makes since in MOUL, but, (at least on my connection) it takes a LONG time to get to Gahreesen. The book makes since, as it leads to a instance made just for getting the KI (the KI refers to it as Gahreesen').
Community Nexus Project
nathan2055

Next

Return to Deep Island