Eder Delin and Eder Tsogal and others

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

Re: Eder Delin and Eder Tsogal

Postby Annabelle » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:25 pm

Diafero is right. There isn't no evidence at all that there is a different age. Looking in my dat folder of URU Live, I see only one garrison section. And with experience with Ae'gura in ABM where I removed blockers to make it more comfy :lol: , it is easy to remove or put back whole areas of an age with a simple mouse click playing in the SDL.

With the discovery made by Sirius, a friend of mine, we can actually go beyond limits in Hood's Gahreesen and it isn't looking at all like our own Gahreesen.

The accesible areas of the age is only part of the 1st building main floor. You can climb up the rumbles as everyone does it in own Gahreesen but, when up there, you just stare at emptyness :lol:. There isn't any 2nd floor and therefore, cannot access the control room to make the elevators and door openings functionning.

I have made 2 quests in MOULa, one for own Gahreesen and one for hood's Gahreesen, and in each I stated really early a warning to open the right quest in the right instance since they both are the same age. Some markers of own Gahreesen when opened up in Hood's Gahreesen are floating in black area since they just show up. :lol:
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby nathan2055 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:39 am

So, in short, it only loads the first floor of your own Gahressan?
Currently an official representative of the Guild of Writers.
Nathan2055 (01307567) on MO:ULagain - NAL2055 (00071382) on The Deep Island Shard
Community Nexus Project
nathan2055

Postby diafero » Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:27 pm

I assume it is removed via SDL? As the Garrison.age file shows, almost the full age is loaded unconditionally.

Speaking of way too crowded, I scanned my KI at the pedestal in Bevin, and now I have a duplicate link in City Locations.
A duplicate Bevin link, you mean? Wow, weird, the code does not even scan for "a list of all spawn points" but just checks some condition to enable the (one and only) Bevin spawnpoint. I'll check if I can reproduce this.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby nathan2055 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:57 pm

diafero wrote:I assume it is removed via SDL? As the Garrison.age file shows, almost the full age is loaded unconditionally.

Speaking of way too crowded, I scanned my KI at the pedestal in Bevin, and now I have a duplicate link in City Locations.
A duplicate Bevin link, you mean? Wow, weird, the code does not even scan for "a list of all spawn points" but just checks some condition to enable the (one and only) Bevin spawnpoint. I'll check if I can reproduce this.

Here is a picture of the effect (Note: The book shown IS the book gotten through the glitch [leads to DI Bevin]):
Bevin in the City.jpg
Picture of Bevin Linking Book glitch.
Bevin in the City.jpg (279.21 KiB) Viewed 5180 times
Nathan2055 (01307567) on MO:ULagain - NAL2055 (00071382) on The Deep Island Shard
Community Nexus Project
nathan2055

Postby diafero » Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:39 am

Oh, you mean the link at the top and the Bevin link? That's expected - the link at the top is brought in by the UU Nexus I used as basis for this, and the Bevin link comes from the POTS code I use. So, it's not actually a bug.

However, that does not mean it can not be changed. What behaviour would you expect?
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby nathan2055 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:07 am

diafero wrote:Oh, you mean the link at the top and the Bevin link? That's expected - the link at the top is brought in by the UU Nexus I used as basis for this, and the Bevin link comes from the POTS code I use. So, it's not actually a bug.

However, that does not mean it can not be changed. What behaviour would you expect?

Well, in MO:ULagain they changed the pedestal to a regular one (like the one in the Basic Ages [Teledahn, Gahreessen, etc.]) in order to prevent this.
Community Nexus Project
nathan2055

Postby Sirius » Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:53 am

For the hood's Gahreesen: as you can discover if you jump beyond the blockers, the only Page (=.prp files) is the one for the Well (maybe another one, but no more), which means: short loading time. Now, to tell "this book link to a LIMITED part of the Garrison Age", I guess it was done with Python. I always wanted to know how to do it, but as the files are not in the MOULa install folder... About the barricade, I guess it is a simple SDL variable. That's a nice effect, it could be used to Seret to load and unload some pages. This way it would avoid creating a totally new Age and it takes less space on your computer. I hope I'm not the only one to have this kind of problem... :?

Note: to reproduce this effect, you can try to delete some lines into an .age file.
Sirius

Postby diafero » Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:29 am

Well, in MO:ULagain they changed the pedestal to a regular one (like the one in the Basic Ages [Teledahn, Gahreessen, etc.]) in order to prevent this.
Indeed, but replicating that change in the POTS hood would be very complicated as existing objects had to be replaced.

For the hood's Gahreesen: as you can discover if you jump beyond the blockers, the only Page (=.prp files) is the one for the Well (maybe another one, but no more), which means: short loading time. Now, to tell "this book link to a LIMITED part of the Garrison Age", I guess it was done with Python. I always wanted to know how to do it, but as the files are not in the MOULa install folder...
Ah, indeed, they must have changed that in MOUL - most of the pages have a ",1" at the end, meaning they are loaded conditionally by Python. When I said above they were loaded unconditionally I checked the POTS files, sorry.
Btw, you can get the MOUL Python with Drizzle command-line: The command is "-downloadsecuremoulagainfiles", the first argument is the username, 2nd is password, 3rd is folder to save the files in. Then you can decompile them using Drizzle and check the sources.

it could be used to Seret to load and unload some pages. This way it would avoid creating a totally new Age and it takes less space on your computer.
That was Agenotfound's and my original plan, too - to merge the new MOUL hood options with the POTS hood. But Dustin was opposed to modifying the old hood so heavily and preferred an independent age.

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Sirius » Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:50 am

Ok, thanks a LOT.

I always wanted to work on some things only in MOUL as the pellets... or Ayoheek... not sure I'll find anything, but still interesting.
Sirius

Postby nathan2055 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:01 am

Another error is the KI manual. Who stuck it in Seret? As well, are the Nexus City links the same as the City Stone in DI Bevin?
Community Nexus Project
nathan2055

PreviousNext

Return to Deep Island