Crashing Errors In Teledahn

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

Crashing Errors In Teledahn

Postby TOOO » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:06 am

Every time I try to enter the bahro cave in Teledahn, I crash and get this error message:

What does this mean, especially when my other PC is off? Have I been hacked?
TOOO

Re: Crashing Errors In Teledahn

Postby TOOO » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:26 am

I think I may have found the solution: the crashing error only happens when I start up DI through Drizzle. However, when I use the Uru client directly, I don't have the crashing problem.

Any idea why this happens through Drizzle?

Thanks.
TOOO

Re: Crashing Errors In Teledahn

Postby diafero » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:21 pm

The connections of the client to the server are stateless, so it could be that the server things the client is still holding some old connection while it's a new one. Then it could see two connections. So maybe your Teledahn game server was simply... stuck. The best way around this is to get a new IP, which of course requires you to have dynamic IP (common in Europa, but obviously rare in the US and Canada). Alternatively, you could restart your PC and wait for 15 minutes, and hope that all the old connections properly time out.

Also, there is no good reason to start the DI Uru through Drizzle. Just make a shortcut to "Uru.exe" on your Desktop and use that one, if you don't want to go through all the folders each time.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Return to Deep Island