Work-around for the Nexus spawning spot in Gahreesen

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

Work-around for the Nexus spawning spot in Gahreesen

Postby Annabelle » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:31 pm

Hello everyone,

When you use the "/spawn" command in Gahreesen you will after few tries warp to one of the Nexus Room that is mostly obsolete now but was the exit of the Gahreesen's Maintainers' Wall back in the good old days when the Wall was active.

The way it works is simple (we can recreate the good old days with a work-around that works well on a standalone copy of URU ABM or URU CC but you must play the Wall alone :lol: but still...you can PLAY it :) ) :

When you climb up the wall to the top you are automatically link to one of the 2 Nexus rooms and the Maintainer's suit you are wearing is replaced by your normal clothings : this is the case when you have a working version of the Wall (standalone only)

When you warp inside this room in DI (or with Drizzle on standalone URU CC), you will have your normal clothings replaced by the "standard avatar clothings" which is kind of frustrating. I had everytime to redo my whole look which consist in : haircut, jewellery, haircolor, fingernails, toesnails, pants, top, the whole girl :lol: a complete make-over each time. GRRRR ;)

The work-around is simple : when you warp there, you will come out of the floor on an elevator with the "standard look", you just have to jump up standing there, the animation will restart making you come out again of the floor on the same elevator but this time looking like yourself again. This is simply marvelous !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Re: Work-around for the Nexus spawning spot in Gahreesen

Postby nathan2055 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:50 pm

Hmm... Tested glitch in DI and made it to the Maintaniner's Nexus :o . But I was reset out of my EV suit to the default clothing. I used a provided Book to return to the purple control room. Spawned from there and got back in with my EV suit ;) . It is supposed to remove the EV suit used at the wall, so I'll need to test it with other types of clothing.

See you in URU,

NAL2055
Currently an official representative of the Guild of Writers.
Nathan2055 (01307567) on MO:ULagain - NAL2055 (00071382) on The Deep Island Shard
Community Nexus Project
nathan2055

Re: Work-around for the Nexus spawning spot in Gahreesen

Postby Annabelle » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:16 pm

When you link in this Nexus, just jump in the air with a space bar hit. That's all you have to do. You will regain your avvie's clothings and appearances. Simply as that :)

Then you can use the book there to link to yellow or purple room and continue to play.

I know that when playing the wall this "elevator" in the Nexus room took off the maintainer's suit and put back your avvie's clothes but this is very logical with what happens in DI. This elevator is set up to modify your appearance so from normal clothings it will only change them for maintainer's suit and vice versa.
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Return to Deep Island