Lockup while linking

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

Lockup while linking

Postby Tony » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:36 am

I appear to have a reproducible lockup while linking.
Having two URU capable computers and kids, I created a second account so they could play together.
The account usernames are Tony and Tony2. Too similar???
I get the first computer on DI and playing normally. After logging into DI on the second computer, the first computer locks up at the next link. :( While I have not been able to read the error message window, the way URU stops with a Chord sound reminds me of a comm error or dual login to the same account on MOULa.

Both computers are running XP Home fully up to date. I am using a 4 port DSL router gateway provided by my ISP, (Verizon). These computers and router work correctly for simultaneous use of MOULa.
I used a clean install of URU CC for the first computer, then patched it for DI and it ran successfully. Since the instructions I read implied that URU does not require any registry entries to run, I copied the URU folder from the first computer to the second. Both computers run DI fine on either account until I try to run both at the same time. :(
It is my guess that the server or comm network think the two accounts are one and the same although I correctly see the different explorer names on the two accounts when used separately.

I have tried to provide as much info as I can, please ask any questions.
Edited 1 time to correct a typo.
Tony

Re: Lockup while linking

Postby diafero » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:58 am

That sounds weird - I already connected to the same server twice with the same account (using two different avatars) from the same PC, so that *should* work.

Could you tell me the precise time (if possible, in UTC or with the offset of your tiemzone to UTC) of the lockup so that I can check the logfiles?
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Return to Deep Island