Failed to download one or more files

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

Re: Failed to download one or more files

Postby diafero » Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:29 pm

177MB should usually suffice for the Python files that you are missing, but maybe the system reserves some space for administrative purposes (Linux does that, maybe Windows has something like that, too). But in general using an 8GB flash drive is not the best idea for Uru. Hard disks of 300-500GB are not that expensive anymore, lucky enough.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Theo1728 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:43 pm

It's worse than you think. The flash drive also contained the backup files, so less than half of the drive was left for the URU:DI installation. It may have the Python stuff, nice and neat, but be missing mountains of necessary data. The URU:CC Installation Wizard looked for enough space to install that, but I guess the Patcher didn't look that far ahead. All that 177 MB means is that the last file it was trying to download was bigger than that, so that's where it stopped. Nil Desperandum, I'll be back....
Theo1728

Postby diafero » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:02 am

Less than 4GB? Okay, that definitely is an issue ;-) . I hope you find some place to put it on!
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Previous

Return to Deep Island