Relto Shelf

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

Relto Shelf

Postby diafero » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:34 am

I changed the Relto Shelf a bit: The permanent ages are now allcolelcted at the right to save one slot (which was previously used as seperator). DRA Office got its own book next to ages like Sonavio which it definitely deserves. I also added a "City Locations" book with the ages from the recent contest and some others that are located in D'ni, though I am sure I missed some.

Unfortunately there ware way too many ages to properly present them all in 18 slots. This change adds some 6 or 7 more ages to the permanent category and removes one of the books of the "recently updated" category. Please tell me what you think, what more ages would fit into the existing books - and of course, I am still looking for a book cover for the city locations book :)
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Re: Relto Shelf

Postby Perlenstern » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:16 pm

Ok we need a second Relto Shelf :lol:

I want all stable books on the left side and the changing books on the right side of the empty place.
I try to make a nice book for the city locations, but that doesn't mean that nobody else need to try it too.

Perlenstern
Last edited by Perlenstern on Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Carpe Noctem
Ages:Wianeroy, Sound Garden
Perlenstern

Postby kaelisebonrai » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:00 pm

diafero wrote:and of course, I am still looking for a book cover for the city locations book :)

Well.. I can see what I can cobble up from the extra book cover textures, that were never used, perhaps? =P After all, kaelispuboffice uses a cover from ABM that was never used, and subsequently removed from the datafiles later on >.> I dunno. I'll have a look-see. =D
kaelisebonrai

Postby diafero » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:21 am

I uploaded kaelis cover to the Shard so you can have a look :)

I want all stable books on the left side and the changing books on the right side of the empty place.
Actually I prefer it the way it is now... when I have to tell people where the latest released/updated age can be found, I just have to say "bottom row, all to the left" ;-) . Since we usually start reading at the left, I also find it fitting to start with the recently changed ages. Other opinions?

EDIT: oh, before I forget that... the new book still lacks descriptions for the ages, and for the book itself. I would be glad if the age authors could help out, or at least some native speaker, since I was recently told some of the existing descriptions sound weird for those (almost all of them were written by Germans ;-) ). Corrections for existing texts are of course also welcome!
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Perlenstern » Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:01 pm

Oups...kaelisebonrai worked very fast. :o

Anyway...I also gave my picture to diafero. Sorry for working soooo slow. :oops:

Perlenstern
Carpe Noctem
Perlenstern

Postby diafero » Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:46 am

Okay, I uploaded your image, Perlenstern.

Please comment on which you prefer!

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Perlenstern » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:51 am

Ok I take a look on my book.......not really good. Ihave to make some changes so that you can read the text.

And I can't say wich one I prefer. I like my book (after changes), but it would be fair to take kaelisebonrai's, because have a age in that book.

Perhaps you make a poll (2 pics in it) in the builders thread after I have changed my book.
I think there are reading more people who made one of the ages in the book.

Perlenstern
Carpe Noctem
Perlenstern

Postby kaelisebonrai » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:55 am

I feel I can make some improvements to my design - but I do like it. =)

I also both like and dislike the fact that Perlenstern's book has text on the spine - none of the official books have that, which is why I dislike it, but it is useful for finding it. =)

I want to try and make the spine match the book a little better, on mine. =) I have some ideas on how to achieve that. =P
kaelisebonrai

Postby diafero » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:13 am

Perlenstern sent me a new version which I uploaded.

Personally, I prefer kaelis' cover, it looks more "Uru-D'ni-like" to me. But of course everyone is free to disagree ;-)

Also, I don't like polls. Those people that do care will read the thread and comment, hopefully constructively. Polls tend to attract people that just want to click but are too lazy to properly express their opinion, let alone make suggestions to make things better. Not to mention that, by the nature of it, a poll restricts the amount of possible answers. Discussions are much more likely to give a proper result, in my experience.

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Perlenstern » Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:49 pm

My second version also isn't perfect..... :evil:

Let's take a look on a new version from kaelisebonrai.
There are 2 points to use his version:
1. In the book is a age from him.
2. No text on the spine.....more D'ni look.

Also I think we should put the picture from the spines in this thread, because other people can't see the two versions. Not everybody goes to the shard every day to look at the books.

Perlenstern
Carpe Noctem
Perlenstern

Next

Return to Deep Island