Authentication problem

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

Authentication problem

Postby tangara » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:34 pm

I very often have a problem of connection with my account Tangara ( but not with my second account, so it's not my PC ). When I click on ID, I get the message: " Disconnected from server. Reason : non authenticated. " I can't see where the problem is ??? My account is activated and sometimes I've got no problem at all for connecting. Do you know what is the problem ? Thanks.
tangara

Re: Authentication problem

Postby diafero » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:52 pm

What I can see in the logfiles is that at October 12th, around 02:00 (UTC), the CGAS server at the GoW replied "User not found" for your account. That happened so often then your account as temporarily disabled (to prevent people from just trying out many many passwords on an account). But since 08:00, the authentication seems to work again.
Did that already happen earlier or just this night?
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby tangara » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:14 pm

diafero wrote:What I can see in the logfiles is that at October 12th, around 02:00 (UTC), the CGAS server at the GoW replied "User not found" for your account. That happened so often then your account as temporarily disabled (to prevent people from just trying out many many passwords on an account). But since 08:00, the authentication seems to work again.
Did that already happen earlier or just this night?
Yes, it often happen, not only the night I wrote. May be a dozen times since I opened the account.
tangara

Postby diafero » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:24 am

The error may be related to capitalization... I see you spelled your avatar with an upper-case T while logging in, but actually use a lower-case t here in the forums. Actually, I wonder how it could work with the upper-case T at all... so, could you please try using "tangara" for logging in instead (the names of the avatars, which are visible in-game, are completely unrelated).
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby tangara » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:32 am

This is the first thing I thought but Tangara or tangara has the same effect : sometimes I am recognized and sometimes not. However, for the sake of clarity, I do not connect more than Tangara. ;)
tangara

Postby qumi » Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:44 pm

Can someone please look at the logs for my user name? I get the same error when trying to authenticate under my user name which is qumi. I have tried all of the solutions on the forum, and nothing seems to work. Thanks in advance.
qumi

Postby diafero » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:53 pm

We seem to have a general synchronization issue currently, sorry. I just sent Hoikas the data necessary to check whether the forum is doing what it should.

EDIT: Okay, he said he fixed something. Could you please test again?

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Befagor » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:59 pm

Yeah - after Relogin here in the Board - i can log in to the Shard. Thank you.
Befagor

Postby diafero » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:00 am

Awesome :)

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Return to Deep Island