Deep Island and Drizzle 29

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

Deep Island and Drizzle 29

Postby gabriml » Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:04 pm

I am setup and successfully using the Deep Island shard. I wanted to visit Myst V ages.

I used Drizzle 2.9 to convert my Myst V ages and added the Myst V improvements (by Race). The following things happened:
1. During login it told me that the Myst V ages had an 'invalid version and were removed from your URU installation'.
2. I can no longer use the ESC key to stop the UBISoft and Cyan Worlds intro banners.
3. When I get linked to relto I can no longer start moving the AVI using the arrow keys. First I have to use the mouse to start the AVI moving a bit and then I can use the arrow keys.

How do I fix these things?

Thanks,
Mark
Mark Gabrielson
Gehn KI#: 28638
-----------------------
John Three Sixteen
gabriml

Re: Offline KI 3.4

Postby ddb174 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:11 pm

I imagine that the Deep Island shard doesn't support Drizzle29 yet. Perhaps try using Drizzle28 for now.
ddb174

Re: Deep Island and Drizzle 29

Postby diafero » Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:21 am

If Drizzle 29 changed the files, then yes, the Shard does not yet support them. However, the other problems you describe sound like the client is somewhat broken. Which version of Windows are you using? Did you follow the instructions to set up the client?

Btw, you should *never* use UAM with a Deep Island installation. The ages are all managed by the server. You only need Drizzle for age conversion.

EDIT: Okay, Drizzle 29 *did* change the files - all of them. For whatever reason ;-)
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby ddb174 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:37 am

They changed to work around this stackdumping Plasma bug:
"Subworlds now seem 100% stable! Reorders objects to work around a Plasma bug, where the names of objects was causing problems with subworlds."
This was probably why AhnonayMOUL was crashing when the subworld objects were included in conversion, by the way.
ddb174

Postby diafero » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:59 am

Okay, that's a weird bug that depends on the order of the objects in the prp. Upgrading the Shard will have to wait till tomorrow when I can use the university internet connection :D
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby gabriml » Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:51 pm

I am using Vista Ultimate 32-bit. My base software is URU CC.

I followed the posted instructions when I installed the Deep Island Client. It has been stable and working properly.

My problems began when I used Drizzle 2.9 to convert the Myst V ages. The only part of the UAM I used was to add the Myst 5/CT Improvements. Would that muck up the DI Client?

I just want to get out of this small hole I have dug for myself.

I do remember these same problems with a standalone URU CC that I used Drizzle 2.7 or 2.8 on.

Thanks,
Mark
Mark Gabrielson
Gehn KI#: 28638
-----------------------
John Three Sixteen
gabriml

Postby diafero » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:55 am

I am working at adding support for the Drizzle 29 Myst V ages, and I hope that after re-converting your issues will be fixed. If not, we will have to take a look at the logfiles.

The only part of the UAM I used was to add the Myst 5/CT Improvements. Would that muck up the DI Client?
It should not, but I have heard of stranger things happening ;-). Most importantly, your installation must be somewhere in your user profile, which it should be since you followed the wiki instructions.

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby diafero » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:20 am

Okay, the update is done. Drizzle 29 is now required for the converted ages, old versions will be removed upon startup.

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby 4runner » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:26 am

I used drizzle 29 to convert Myst V into Deep Island and when I logged in, it said it had deleted all of the Myst V files. Doesn't your shard except Myst V anymore.
4runner

Postby diafero » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:40 pm

That is weird, I successfully logged in with a Drizle 29 Myst V today, after my upgrade. And I just tried it again. Does it (not) work for anyone else?

4runner, please double-check the Drizzle version you used and the POTS folder you set up in the Conversion tab.

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Next

Return to Deep Island