Bug Report: REMOVE JANGA LELA!

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

Re: Bug Report: REMOVE JANGA LELA!

Postby billyat » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:49 pm

nathan2055 wrote:
billyat wrote:Now I'm Really confusicated. In DI I solved the puzzle and got to Janga Lela (BTW a very beautiful age) but it never showed up in my relto ot the Nexus although it is in my dat folder. In what may be a related problem UAM doesn't work in DI.

First, UAM should NEVER be used with DI. Janga Lela shouldn't appear in your Relto, the only way to get there is through the book on Janga.

Bummer. Thanks for clearing that up. But I thought UAM was eventually intended for use with DI for adding "reward ages" to the shelf. Janga Lela is in the shelf and nexus of my offline PotS as is UAM.

Some Men Interpret Nine Memos
billyat

Postby nathan2055 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:28 am

billyat wrote:
nathan2055 wrote:
billyat wrote:Now I'm Really confusicated. In DI I solved the puzzle and got to Janga Lela (BTW a very beautiful age) but it never showed up in my relto ot the Nexus although it is in my dat folder. In what may be a related problem UAM doesn't work in DI.

First, UAM should NEVER be used with DI. Janga Lela shouldn't appear in your Relto, the only way to get there is through the book on Janga.

Bummer. Thanks for clearing that up. But I thought UAM was eventually intended for use with DI for adding "reward ages" to the shelf. Janga Lela is in the shelf and nexus of my offline PotS as is UAM.

Hmm... My Drizzle install is down at the moment, so I can't test this. But I did notice a Janga Lela link on the Relto bookshelf. Of course, /bookshelf * JangaLela should work. Just replace the * with the book locker number on the Fan Age section of your bookshelf (that is the first book locker on the left of the Fan Age section would be 1, etc.).
Last edited by nathan2055 on Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Currently an official representative of the Guild of Writers.
Nathan2055 (01307567) on MO:ULagain - NAL2055 (00071382) on The Deep Island Shard
Community Nexus Project
nathan2055

Postby billyat » Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:58 pm

Woops. Sorry Nathan -- Janga Lela is not in my PotS nexus -- but it's one of the entries in a book on the shelf in position 15 titled "Big Ages with a lot of Hidden Extras". It has a text "Janga at night -- be carefull not to get lost". Also Janga Lela is not listed in drizzle.

AS an interesting aside, my laptop, in which I installed some ages in the offline PotS before drizzle, has ages listed in the Nexus which are not even in the drizzle list -- so I must assume some logic was added to omit Janga Lela.

Some Men Interpret Nine Memos
billyat

Postby diafero » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:10 am

The reason why Janga Lela is in your offline Shelf is that I forgot to remove it when the age information files were updated last time.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby nathan2055 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:23 am

diafero wrote:The reason why Janga Lela is in your offline Shelf is that I forgot to remove it when the age information files were updated last time.

OK, well that's cleared up!
Currently an official representative of the Guild of Writers.
Nathan2055 (01307567) on MO:ULagain - NAL2055 (00071382) on The Deep Island Shard
Community Nexus Project
nathan2055

Previous

Return to Deep Island