HuiNexus

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

HuiNexus

Postby tangara » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:50 am

HuiNexus wasn't been updated automatically ! :( Any ideas why ?
tangara

Re: HuiNexus

Postby ddb174 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:02 am

It's the same as the situation with the UamKiPlugin. The process goes like this:
1) Age is submitted to Uam, to be shared with everyone, both offline and online.
2) I put the Age in the Uam database, and people can immediately play it offline and on the Uam shard.
3) Other shards check this list: http://dusty.homeunix.net/uru-ages/uam.updates.htm and then put the Age on their shard.
(Some shards use the Uam shard's dataserver, and so they also get the updates immediately, but the DI shard doesn't do this.)
ddb174

Postby tangara » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:23 am

Oh ok, I understand better Dustin, thanks. Luckily, I could have fun on the slides offline ! ;)
tangara

Postby diafero » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:03 pm

In this case, the reason is that I'm simply very busy (and will be till after the weekend), so I just don' have the time to update the age. Sorry.

Some age authors also announce their ages on public places (usually GoW) alongside their UAM submission, in which case the roundtrip drops out.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby tangara » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:36 pm

Hi Diafero,
I'm not sure to understand correctly your last sentence, the translators return me nonsense. ;)
I thought that the update of the ages was automatic and not that it depended on your availabilities. My remark wasn't in no case a criticism : I made the update in Drizzle, makes a turn offline then last online with DI. It's by wanting customize my books on my Relto bookshelf that I realized of the problem, well problem is a quite big word. :lol:
I promise that I'll be more patient in the future ! 8-)
tangara

Postby Chacal » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:52 pm

tangara wrote:I'm not sure to understand correctly your last sentence, the translators return me nonsense.

Il dit que lorsque l'auteur annonce son nouvel Age sur un forum public comme GoW, diafero s'en aperçoit plus tôt et peut ainsi installer l'Age sur DI plus rapidement.
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby tangara » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:00 pm

:P Je te remercie Chacal, c'est vraiment gentil à toi ! J'ai beau utiliser cinq traducteurs différents, parfois c'est n'importe quoi ! ;)
tangara

Postby nathan2055 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:19 am

ddb174 wrote:It's the same as the situation with the UamKiPlugin. The process goes like this:
1) Age is submitted to Uam, to be shared with everyone, both offline and online.
2) I put the Age in the Uam database, and people can immediately play it offline and on the Uam shard.
3) Other shards check this list: http://dusty.homeunix.net/uru-ages/uam.updates.htm and then put the Age on their shard.
(Some shards use the Uam shard's dataserver, and so they also get the updates immediately, but the DI shard doesn't do this.)

Huh? diafero, said over here that DI gets pulls the Age data right from UAM (auto-updating).
Currently an official representative of the Guild of Writers.
Nathan2055 (01307567) on MO:ULagain - NAL2055 (00071382) on The Deep Island Shard
Community Nexus Project
nathan2055

Postby Chacal » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:05 pm

nathan2055 wrote:
ddb174 wrote:It's the same as the situation with the UamKiPlugin. The process goes like this:

Huh? diafero, said over here that DI gets pulls the Age data right from UAM (auto-updating).

Yes. What Dustin says is the DI shard does not use the UAM dataserver.
DI has its own dataserver, which diafero syncs manually with UAM.
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby diafero » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:22 am

Merci beaucoup pour la traduction, Chacal :)

Exactly, it's synchronization, but not automatic.

We are up-to-date again, btw.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Next

Return to Deep Island