Sharing a book

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

Sharing a book

Postby Sirius » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:43 am

Ok, last time I went on DI was long ago, so correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember a problem...

When you want to invite someone in one of your Age, you can use the KI invite, but you can't use the "share book" icon on a book, nor on a Bahro Stone.

What's is wrong, exactly ? On my offline version I brought back this function, it seems to work, but I can't test it in multiplayer mode and I prefer not to hack DI python files...
Sirius

Re: Sharing a book

Postby diafero » Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:34 am

Some "Share this book" icons do appear and work, like the Bahro stone from Teledahn for Gahreesen. Together with kaelis, I went through all the bahro stones and individually tested whether sharing would work or not: As it seems, the prp file needs some special preparations for this - a region that says in which area you are allowed to walk while selecting someone to share the book with, and maybe some dedicated trigger/behaviour mod for the sharee. So, I ended up with only some 5 or so stones actually working, unfortunately. Sharing the Relto book is disabled because it crashes everyone who is in the age at the time of the share.

I prefer not to hack DI python files...
I appreciate that :)
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Sirius » Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:47 am

Ah ok, thanks. Do you mean only Bahro Stones, or also Linking Books ? If it is only Bahro stones, leaving the Book share and not the Stone share should be possible ? Or is there a share region problem as well ? Maybe a hack of the xLinkingBookGUIPopup could solve that.

diafero wrote:

I prefer the offline version for hacking anyway.
Sirius

Postby finnagan2000 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:17 am

Sirius wrote:Ah ok, thanks. Do you mean only Bahro Stones, or also Linking Books ? If it is only Bahro stones, leaving the Book share and not the Stone share should be possible ? Or is there a share region problem as well ? Maybe a hack of the xLinkingBookGUIPopup could solve that.

diafero wrote:

I prefer the offline version for hacking anyway.

me too lol XD
finnagan2000

Postby diafero » Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:47 pm

The other explorers will thank you for that, as it generally keeps the server more stable if the clients are more uniform :)

Ah ok, thanks. Do you mean only Bahro Stones, or also Linking Books ? If it is only Bahro stones, leaving the Book share and not the Stone share should be possible ? Or is there a share region problem as well ? Maybe a hack of the xLinkingBookGUIPopup could solve that.
The same issue applies to linking books, and they went through the same procedure. Unfortunately the xLinkingBookGUIPopup is such a mess that I just do not know what exactly is necessary in the prp, or whether it could be hacked. I bet it could be done, somehow, like almost anything ;-)
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Return to Deep Island