Cannot update

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

Cannot update

Postby mschroder » Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:21 pm

I just installed from my CC CD, and followed all the instructions in the forum. I'm using Windows 7. When I login and the client tries to update, it gets stuck and stops responding at "Updating from manifest file client." Please help.
mschroder

Re: Cannot update

Postby diafero » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:56 am

So, you also followed the part about moving Uru somewhere into your user profile? Just asking, because that's a common cause for tons of issues.

The other possible cause coming to my mind is a personal firewall. Do you use the one built-in into Windows, or do you have an additional "Security suite" that brings its own?
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Matthew Geiger » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:17 pm

mschroder wrote:I just installed from my CC CD, and followed all the instructions in the forum. I'm using Windows 7. When I login and the client tries to update, it gets stuck and stops responding at "Updating from manifest file client." Please help.

same here I made sure I uninstalled uru cc and remove leftover data from drizzle it stoped at 136.8MB left to download and it tells me that serverconfig.ini can't be found when I'm look at it in the folder the text in the file is "whatdoyousee (,©…VKSìIûR_®5j·ä
>á ¶" yes I look at my firewall is not the cause.
"If I can confuse myself who can't I confuse?"
Matthew Geiger

Postby diafero » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:20 am

I tried to create a new installation myself and it worked all fine, so the server is okay.

Could you double-check where your Uru installation is located? This sounds like Uru can not see the serverconfig.ini, which either means you are starting the wrong Uru installation, or Windows file system virtualization is doing nasty things. Your Uru folder should be somewhere in C:\Users\<your name>. To be sure, you could copy the patcher files into your Uru client again. It is also important to start Uru.exe, NOT UruSetup.exe!
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby nathan2055 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:11 am

Wait, there is a problem with having URU in your user profile? My friend installed two copies in his MO:ULa data folder (don't worry, it's fine to store things in there if you don't edit MO:ULa's stuff). Maybe that's why it was textured weird... (see http://forum.guildofwriters.com/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=4847)
Currently an official representative of the Guild of Writers.
Nathan2055 (01307567) on MO:ULagain - NAL2055 (00071382) on The Deep Island Shard
Community Nexus Project
nathan2055

Postby diafero » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:59 pm

The other way around - there is a problem if Uru is NOT in your User profile.

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby nathan2055 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:31 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I can't believe you solved my old URU problem in an unrelated thread. Looks like somebody is going to be moving files for the next three hours! Make sure to get tickets for "The Return of Nathan2055's TPOTS Disc"!
Nathan2055 (01307567) on MO:ULagain - NAL2055 (00071382) on The Deep Island Shard
Community Nexus Project
nathan2055

Postby Matthew Geiger » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:49 pm

can you just tell me what to mod in the exe so I don't have to move files from C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubi Soft\Cyan Worlds\Myst Uru Complete Chronicles
Matthew Geiger

Postby nathan2055 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:32 pm

Matthew Geiger wrote:can you just tell me what to mod in the exe so I don't have to move files from C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubi Soft\Cyan Worlds\Myst Uru Complete Chronicles

I don't know what you mean.
Community Nexus Project
nathan2055

Postby Matthew Geiger » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:34 pm

nathan2055 wrote:
Matthew Geiger wrote:can you just tell me what to mod in the exe so I don't have to move files from C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubi Soft\Cyan Worlds\Myst Uru Complete Chronicles

I don't know what you mean.

I mean edit the exe to look in C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubi Soft\Cyan Worlds\Myst Uru Complete
for serverconfig.ini
Matthew Geiger

Next

Return to Deep Island