The Content in CC,MOUL and DI

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

The Content in CC,MOUL and DI

Postby Inugami_Eishin » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:46 am

I've spent half a day looking for the answer to my question,but it seems like I've gotten into Online Uru so late that these questions are considered noobish now,so I apologize first of all. ^^;

My question is,what are the content differences between CC,MOUL and DI.(Excluding fan ages of course)
As far as I know,MOUL has more content than CC,but I don't know if anything that was in CC was removed from Moul.
And the place DI stands.As it requires CC,I presume it has all the content from it but does DI include the extra content from MOUL in this case?

Thanks
Inugami_Eishin

Re: The Content in CC,MOUL and DI

Postby Sirius » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:37 am

Well... I don't know a lot about this, but CC has the whole Watcher's pub (also called Rolep) and it's "trial" which isn't in MOULa (the pub looks different and you can't access the Path of the Shell).

In fact, MOULa is the "original" Uru, CC is the "single player" version with not a lot of Ages, whereas DI is more the "hacked" version (not really the best way to describe it, I know). The main purpose of it is Fan Ages, and being able to have all the versions of Uru in a single one (plus a way to play online or offline MOULa Ages if MOULa server gets down ;) ).
Sirius

Postby J'Kla » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:40 pm

DI also lets an "Age Builder" take some other user on a guided tour of his/her age to demonstrate or examine issues in testing the said age.

For example its a lot easier to link to DI with a tester and say "follow me", "look here" or "watch this" than it is to describe some hard to find location or perform some obscure action.
J'Kla

Postby diafero » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:18 pm

I've spent half a day looking for the answer to my question,but it seems like I've gotten into Online Uru so late that these questions are considered noobish now,so I apologize first of all. ^^;
Not really noobish, it's just most of us got used to those various versions of Uru, and many here experienced the development of MOUL and then of what you can now see on DI - those many many changes were added gradually, but for someone new, it must be a huge pile of information and confusion :)

When MOUL started, it basically had the content of Until Uru. To D'ni mainly brought Uru Live Prime content to the offline game, so that content was available, but POTS was missing. Er'cana and Ahnonay were added in the mean time, but they are slightly different than in POTS, and the rest of the "Watcher's Path" is missing. The Watcher's Pub was added as Great Tree Pub in a modified version, Myst was made accessible through K'veer (if I remember correctly?), so MOUL now has almost all the content POTS had, but in a slightly different fashion. And of course, it has the new ages - the Pods, The Eders, Jalak, Minkata, and the new K'veer that's actually taken from Myst V.
DI is a wild mixture trying to give you both the POTS-version of the content, with the Path of the Shell story, and the MOUL additions - which is why some ages appear several times, and some places have to be reached differently. But all of the new ages are available and fully playable.
Usually this is referred to as the Offline KI "version" of Uru, because if you install the Offline KI locally, you will get the same content. For some more information, see http://alcugs.almlys.org/Offline-KI/Features
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Return to Deep Island