turtle isle crashing vista

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

turtle isle crashing vista

Postby sparky » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:23 pm

has anyone been having continuous crashes when trying to play turtle isle on or off line.wheni access the age my computer tatally freezes and avatar doesnot move and my computer totally locks up.i am forced to close down the laptop by turning off the power by the power switch.when i switch back on i get a dos screen saying critical windows failure and to has to restore windows.i would really like to play this age and am hoping someone can advise me.all my other ages play fine on vista.
sparky

Re: turtle isle crashing vista

Postby diafero » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:29 pm

What graphics card, RAM and processor do you have? Turtle Isle is most likely the most demanding age out there, and it is unplayable for me - the PC does not lock up completely, but the framerate drops very low.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Re: turtle isle crashing vista

Postby KBQ » Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:36 am

sparky wrote:has anyone been having continuous crashes when trying to play turtle isle on or off line.wheni access the age my computer tatally freezes and avatar doesnot move and my computer totally locks up.i am forced to close down the laptop by turning off the power by the power switch.when i switch back on i get a dos screen saying critical windows failure and to has to restore windows.i would really like to play this age and am hoping someone can advise me.all my other ages play fine on vista.

I'm having the same problem, sparky. Running Vista on HP Pavilion dv6700 Notebook PC with AMD Turion(tm) 64 X2 Mobile, 1982MB RAM, and NVIDIA GeForce 7150M / nForce 630M video card. Everything else runs fine and I too would really like to see more of this age than the link-in spot!
KBQ

Return to Deep Island