IE9 and Uru

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

IE9 and Uru

Postby diafero » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:00 pm

I recently got a report that online Uru has trouble starting on Windows 7 after IE9 was installed. I then installed all the recent updates on my Windows 7 PC (that I rarely boot), and indeed I can not log in to DI any more: It's always saying "Uru.exe does not work any more" (or however the message exactly is in English). I sometimes had this error before, too, if an update was downloaded, but now it is happening each time I try to log in (at least 5 times in a row).
Does anyone else have the same issue? And, does anyone have an idea how this could be debugged?
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Re: IE9 and Uru

Postby Wamduskasapa » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:11 pm

Have you installed Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1). This dealt with x86 problems and Win 7 Pro's Win XP problems.

If you installed it prior to IE9 installation - you may have to reinstall..
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby D'Lanor » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:18 pm

Same here. :( The message is "Uru.exe has stopped working".

Edit: after about 15 attempts on both DI and UAM I managed to log into UAM.

Edit 2: and immediately after that I could log into DI.

Edit 3: and now it works every time. Almost as if Windows 7 had to get used to Uru.exe again. :roll:
"It is in self-limitation that a master first shows himself." - Goethe
D'Lanor

Postby Seppolo » Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:20 am

Hi,

I have the same problem. :( I use therefore still IE 8. This goes without problems. Alternatively, I now use Firefox to visit the Internet.
I do not know ... Is it possible to download Uru permit from another browser? If I use Firefox as default browser, load the data Uru still further over the Internet Explorer. :|
„Myst will never forgotten“

Seppolo

Postby diafero » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:51 am

I forgot to mention, this is the 64bit Win7. And yes, when I said "I installed all updates", I also meant the service pack.

I remember back when Tahgtahv patched UruExplorer.exe to fix some Windows 7 issues, he said he'd also like to look into this one, but he could not reproduce it to catch it in a debugger. So, if someone with that knowledge is around and willing to give it a try, we'd have a chance now.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby D'Lanor » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:45 am

I have 64bit Win 7 as well. But as I said, after the initial failures it suddenly started working and it still does after a reboot.
D'Lanor

Postby tangara » Mon May 02, 2011 4:44 pm

I also have the 64bit Win7and installed IE9 but I have had no problems at all with URU on any shards. I just had some problem with the new version of MOUL and have to give again URU the administrative rights to connect to. I don't know if that helps?
tangara

Postby Seppolo » Tue May 03, 2011 3:14 am

About my system: Windows Vista, Service Pack 2, 32bit

Funny, because that's probably different for each? :| With MO:UL has since again no problems.
„Myst will never forgotten“

Seppolo

Postby D'Lanor » Tue May 03, 2011 3:33 am

Seppolo wrote:With MO:UL has since again no problems.

The MOULa launcher is a totally different beast. It is less dependent on IE libraries.

You can see how IE affects Alcugs launchers if you set IE to work offline. The launcher will immediately come up with an error "unable to download update file". MOULa will still work.
D'Lanor

Re: Welcome to The Deep Island Shard!

Postby Christo » Wed May 04, 2011 8:36 pm

I have been away from the DI Shard for a long time. I've never ever had problems getting on the shard until just recently as when I try to log in I get the message "Uru.exe has stopped working" I only have the option of "close program." Any thoughts?
Christo

Next

Return to Deep Island