IE9 and Uru

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

Re: Welcome to The Deep Island Shard!

Postby diafero » Thu May 05, 2011 4:24 am

Maybe your problem is related to viewtopic.php?f=111&t=5156 ?
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Christo » Thu May 05, 2011 9:13 am

Thanks for getting back to me so quick! If that is my problem how exactly do I go about fixing it? Appreciate your time...
Christo

Postby diafero » Sun May 08, 2011 4:00 am

Well, as you probably read in that thread, we have no clue what is causing the issue. D'Lanor got it working by just trying often enough until it'd no longer crash...

(I moved these posts to the other thread where they fit better)
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Re: IE9 and Uru

Postby Seppolo » Sun May 08, 2011 5:45 am

Hi,

What worked at D'Lanor, is not with me. My problem is in details:

Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll

This appears to be caused in me the error. ntdll.dll is a file in system 32

Unfortunately not know what to do? I've even had a listen to that effect. Causes may be outdated drivers. Or incorrect registries.
„Myst will never forgotten“

Seppolo

Postby tachzusamm » Sun May 08, 2011 7:38 am

Somebody who experienced similar problems with Windows 7 Explorer and ntdll.dll listed as the cause has collected 3 methods which *could* help.
Maybe give it a try, or use it as an inspiration for further googles?

http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-debu ... post446107

It also seems that this error happens on many machines, often caused by the "Windows Customer Experience Improvement Program", averaged over various crashing applications.
So I would suggest to start trying method3 first, then 2 if it did not help, then 1 (maybe). But read carefully.
tachzusamm

Postby Seppolo » Sun May 22, 2011 11:50 am

To hell with that damn Internet Explorer! :evil:
Has anybody found a solution how to play the shards with IE 9? I think the reason why not just do not want to work with Uru thing.
„Myst will never forgotten“

Seppolo

Postby diafero » Mon May 30, 2011 12:56 pm

I finally tried the tricks tachzusammn linked to, but none helped. Then I played around a bit and a weird work-around: I enabled compatbility mode for the Uru binary and set it to "Windows 7". That did it, for me... I still have to check whether this has some bad side-effects though.

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby tachzusamm » Mon May 30, 2011 7:09 pm

diafero wrote:Then I played around a bit and a weird work-around: I enabled compatbility mode for the Uru binary and set it to "Windows 7". That did it, for me...

So you are playing under Windows 7, and because the game is not compatible to Windows 7 any longer because of an IE9 Update, you got it working by setting the game to behave as if it's installed under Windows 7 ??
That is... that is... uh wait. What was the name of the URL for the Windows 7 sources git repository again? :D
tachzusamm

Postby diafero » Tue May 31, 2011 11:55 am

tachzusamm wrote:So you are playing under Windows 7, and because the game is not compatible to Windows 7 any longer because of an IE9 Update, you got it working by setting the game to behave as if it's installed under Windows 7 ??

You got it :)
(I did this because I know setting compatibility to Vista used to break - and might still break - animated linking panels)

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby gabriml » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:28 pm

diafero wrote:I finally tried the tricks tachzusammn linked to, but none helped. Then I played around a bit and a weird work-around: I enabled compatbility mode for the Uru binary and set it to "Windows 7". That did it, for me... I still have to check whether this has some bad side-effects though.

I had this problem for more than half a year but did not realize it was related to IE9.

This solution worked for me. I have Win7 64bit Ultimate.

Thank you.

Mark
Mark Gabrielson
Gehn KI#: 28638
-----------------------
John Three Sixteen
gabriml

PreviousNext

Return to Deep Island