Several problems

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

Several problems

Postby walts » Sun May 29, 2011 4:55 pm

I just found Deep Island. The installation went OK but the client crashed several times during the upgrade.

After I got logged in, I had Deja Vu all over again - I thought I was in "Until Uru"! Anyway, I ran the cleft and got to Relto, got some new clothes, and went to Bevin looking for the Gahreesen book. Nope, not there, so I went back to Relto and linked directly. I got a KI, but it doesn't respond correctly (big KI doesn't open, and F2 doesn't work). I linked to Nexus using the book in the KI room. The book machine didn't look right, there are no links other than the Ferry Terminal. I linked there, and found the stairs blocked at the first landing. Now my Relto book doesn't work, and neither does F3. I quit and went back in. This time I went via Watcher's to Ercana. The harvester works. That's as far as I went. The Relto book still doesn't work.

Summary:
F2 doesn't work.
Expanding to Big KI with he mouse doesn't work
Relto book doesn't work.
F3 doesn't work
Nexus book selector only shows Ferry Terminal link
City is not open?
There are two little dots about 3 feet over the head of may Avatar, following me everywhere.
I saw no other players on the opening screen. Maybe no one else is using this shard?

I don't want to be a complainer, just noting bugs I found.

Walt
walts

Re: Several problems

Postby diafero » Mon May 30, 2011 4:01 am

Sounds like most of Python is broken for you. Do you use Windows Vista or above? Did you follow the special installation instructions for those OSes? Which folder did you put Uru into?
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby walts » Mon May 30, 2011 6:00 am

Thank you :-)

I thought I would take a short cut by using an existing TPOTS installation, which I thought was "pure" Cyan files. Maybe it was, I don't know, but the problems all went away when I started over and installed from the original CDs.

Let me repeat that for anyone else having problems...

START WITH A CLEAN INSTALLATION OF TPOTS, WORKING FORM THE ORIGINAL CDS.

It will save time in the long run.

Great job, everyone.

BTW it still looks like "Until Uru". Is that true, this is not the Cyan-released open source server? If so, are there any such servers in operation?

Walt
walts

Postby Luna » Mon May 30, 2011 6:19 am

It is an Alcugs server (alike with UU afaik) there is no MOUL shard in operation yet.
Code: Select all
long longestTimeWithoutPlayingMoula = (new Date()) - (new Date(2014, 9, 26));
Luna

Postby diafero » Mon May 30, 2011 9:15 am

START WITH A CLEAN INSTALLATION OF TPOTS, WORKING FORM THE ORIGINAL CDS.
Why do you think I keep repeating that everywhere? ;-)

And, as Luna pointed out, this is much more like UU than like MOUL - it's TPOTS, to be precise. However we extended it to include all MOUL content.

There is no Cyan-released open-source server. They "just" released the source code for the client and the 3ds Max plugin. There are some open-source MOUL server projects like Dirtans and MOSS, that can operate with that client. Deep Island however is still "old-school".
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Return to Deep Island