Strange Goingson in D'ni-Tiwah Volcano

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

Strange Goingson in D'ni-Tiwah Volcano

Postby billyat » Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:04 pm

On three different computers (desktop 64bit vista, desktop 64bit 7, laptop 32b vista) I am recently experiencing the following problem in the DI shard but not in UAM or offline Pots:

1)When I jump into the volcano in Cleft I get an access violation, which means a new player can only get Myst V books from the Todelmer pod

2)If I enter D'ni Tiwah from Dereno all is fine. But if I climb the ladder to get to the volcano part I loose all textures and my relto book has all blank pages (!)

3)Climbing back down the ladder I get the textures back, but my relto book still has blank pages.

4)I can't get out of D'ni Tiwah without an access violation or black screen.

I don't have problems with any other ages I've visited. Tried fiddling with all sorts of parameters and compatabilities. Nada. BTW I found out that changing URU.exe to windows 95 compatibility gets rid of my intermittent log in problems. All of my shards and Pots were started with the same "virginal" CC and Myst V was drizzled with the latest version (30) from the same instalation.

I even tried a new DI installation from a newly downloaded DI patch with the same D'ni Tiwah bug. BTW my virus proggy quarantined URU.exe until had a good one-on-one with it.

I visited with diafero a couple of days ago and he was not having this problem. He tried to link me elsewhere and a got an access violation. And I don't see this problem mentioned in the forum. What gives? Does DI not like San Antonio or something?

Some Men Interpret Nine Memos
billyat

Re: Strange Goingson in D'ni-Tiwah Volcano

Postby billyat » Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:35 pm

This problem is unique to DI and apparently to me. Just so you will see what I'm up against:

At first I thought just that level of decent was messed up, but it's acctually the best -- the other levels give me an access violation when I try to enter them. The other ages I checked work fine. Also tried two different players and all three machines with the same result, so it probably not a vault problem.

Some Men Interpret Nine Memos
billyat

Re: Strange Goingson in D'ni-Tiwah Volcano

Postby diafero » Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:41 am

That's really weird, since DI is using exactly the same setup as offline Uru, if you installed the Offline KI. I also never heard of anyone else having that issue, it seems to be unique to you.
Please disable compatibility mode however, it should not be necessary and is know to cause problems for some people - or set it to "Windows 7", which works fine here. But no other compatibility setting should be used.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Return to Deep Island