Missing dll Files

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

Missing dll Files

Postby Calista » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:57 pm

After installing Uru CC to my new Windows 7 laptop and copying in the DI patcher files, I was able to log in, which I never could do with my older, Windows XP laptop. But after downloading most of the update file, it quit working and gave me a message that I was missing a dll file. My son downloaded and added in the file for me, then logged in again. After waiting over 15 minutes for the update to download again, he got a message that another dll file is missing. He is not willing to download one dll file at a time and then wait again and again to find out if another dll is missing.

Has anyone had this problem with Windows 7? If so, is there an easier to way to fix it? My version of Windows 7 is Home Premium 64-bit.
Calista

Re: Missing dll Files

Postby diafero » Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:33 am

I am using DI on Windows 7 and it is running fine.
What exactly is the dll file you are missing? Please give us the precise error message.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby GNadezda » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:29 am

I'm having a similar problem after installing Uru CC on Win 7 and copying the DI patcher files. In my case, the faulting DLL is ntdll.dll

I get the error After the patcher downloads about a third of the 200 MB of update files.

The details of the error are as follows:

Uru.exe
410ad182
ntdll.dll
4ce7ba58
c0000005
0002dfc4
182c
01cc5db9b98ba992
C:\Users\<username>\Saved Games\Uru_DeepIsland_Shard\Uru.exe
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll
01f12c8c-c9ad-11e0-8517-c80aa9483de7
GNadezda

Postby diafero » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:30 am

I doubt you are missing ntdll.dll, Windows doesn't work at all without it ;-)

Maybe you are experiencing the IE9-crash... it seems to be fixed by opening the properties panel of Uru.exe, enabling compatibility mode and choosing "Windows 7" as target (yes, that sounds weird, please just try it ;-) ).
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby CaptainQuery » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:22 pm

Calista, it worked for me. I have not had one crash during the update process since I made the change diafero mentions. Like you, I am running IE9 with WIN7.
CaptainQuery

Postby Seppolo » Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:00 am

Does that apply to Vista and with IE9? If so, how and where should I set it? Can the compatibility mode only to "Windows Server 2003 (Service Pack 1)" set. Since I have no splashing around Windows 7.

However, I have this with the compatibility mode it all through. Unfortunately brings nothing.
„Myst will never forgotten“

Seppolo

Postby diafero » Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:19 am

Sorry, I do not know - I don't have a Vista installation.

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Return to Deep Island