Problem with Todelmer and Catfish Canyon ages

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

Problem with Todelmer and Catfish Canyon ages

Postby Annabelle » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:03 pm

Hi Diafero,

Monday August 1st, like every first day of each month, I go on shards (yours and the one own by Dustin) to get my missing sparklies for all my avvies. On both PC, I received a message from your server telling me I had a modified version of Todelmer and Catfish Canyon, therefore I wasn't allowed to go there anymore and the ages got removed automatically!!!!!

There must be a problem with your manifest. I never modified any of my ages and I own legally all the games we can load on your shard (URU CC, Myst 5 EOA, Crowthistle Chronicles, Magiquest and HexIsles). Can you tell me what I have to do about it? I hope I don't need to Drizzle Myst 5 EOA and HexIsles all again because I do own them but since I don't play them on their own, I have the CD or DVD stored somewhere and that's the key word here: somewhere :lol: .

Thanks
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Re: Problem with Todelmer and Catfish Canyon ages

Postby diafero » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:23 am

Please check this thread :)
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Sirius » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:33 am

Diafero, what are the changes to Todelmer ? I would like to know if it worth spending a lot of time re-converting all the Ages from EoA, as I don't need to access these Ages on the Shard right now. My offline Todelmer also has a few changes, and it might take some time to apply them again.

Thank you.
Sirius

Postby diafero » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:04 am

Sorry, I have no idea what exactly changed. I just noticed the checksum was different, and updated to the new version. I doubt it's anything big though, I couldn't notice anything big in the Drizzle source-code diff.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Annabelle » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:37 am

Ok...then :( I will find back my CD/DVD. Maybe I made a copy of those and stored them on one of my hard drive, I will check.

Anyway thanks :)

But why I don't run into this problem using my offline URU:CC? Maybe it is because I didn't went back there yet.
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Karkadann » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:58 pm

If you make a BKF file of your hard drive from time to time you might be able to find the extra age's their
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Its the Realist who see's the glass is half full with air, half full with water
Karkadann

Postby diafero » Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:53 am

Offline Uru does not care whether you update your ages or not. Online however, it is important that all players visiting these ages have exactly the same version of that file, so I need to settle on one version and enforce it for everybody. Anyhting but the latest version does not make that much sense there.

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Ehren » Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:05 am

How is it possible to gain access to the Myst V ages through Uru Deep Island? I don't have Myst V anymore, so I can't convert it and look myself. So I'm just wondering how people with them even get to them.

I saw the space pod book in the museum, but I'm wondering about the other areas.

And now that I think about it, I really wonder how you would get to the non-Myst related places like the Catfish Canyon.
Ehren

Postby diafero » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:53 am

The Myst V ages are integrated into the game: Direbo gets a book in Relto, and if you jump into the volcano in the Cleft, you end up in the Myst V Descent. The links between the ages work like expected, There's also a link to the Myst V version of Myst somewhere, but I don't want to spoil the fun here (you can find it even without these ages installed, it will tell you you can't get there when you attempt to link).

The Crowthistle ages (there are only two of them) also get a book in Relto. The remaining converted ages (Hex Isle, MagiQuest) are just added to the Nexus, at the bottom of the "Restoration Ages".

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Return to Deep Island