cleft sky bug

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

cleft sky bug

Postby Quiller Arc » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:19 pm

Hey, I've just recently started playing this shard. It was working just fine last night but today it's all screwed up in cleft. The landscape is all still there but the sky is just a black void. I've tried using a fresh Uru cc install and repatching that but I get the same problem. If anyone has any idea how to fix this, could ya let me know thx.
Quiller Arc

Re: cleft sky bug

Postby diafero » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:22 am

:oops: Seems like I broke something when I attempted to fix some ages' fog yesterday. Could you please try again?
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Quiller Arc » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:22 am

that must have been the problem, its fine now thx
Quiller Arc

Postby Annabelle » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:26 pm

Diafero wrote...
Seems like I broke something when I attempted to fix some ages' fog yesterday. Could you please try again?

Is there a thread where someone mentionned that they would want AdminKI access? :lol: http://forum.guildofwriters.org/viewtopic.php?f=111&t=5646

/me thinks it's a bad idea. Let's screw up our offline installs instead and let the bosses be the bosses :D
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Wamduskasapa » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:53 pm

Annabelle wrote:Is there a thread where someone mentionned that they would want AdminKI access? :lol: http://forum.guildofwriters.org/viewtopic.php?f=111&t=5646

/me thinks it's a bad idea. Let's screw up our offline installs instead and let the bosses be the bosses :D

I will second that
If I am playing online I want my SKILL to influence my game play NOT some fancy cheat commands.
I am not interested in playing on a Nintendo or Sega just on my PC
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby diafero » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:41 am

It's actually often hard to draw the line. For example, /spawn and /jump can be used to circumvent a lot of puzzles. Does that qualify as cheating? I'm not sure. I only know that when I once tried to disable those commands online, the outcry was so loud that I quickly turned it on again ;-)
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Annabelle » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:12 pm

/spawn and /jump are HARMLESS commands.

Yes they are cheating commands but like I THOROUGHLY explained on this post: http://forum.guildofwriters.org/viewtopic.php?f=117&t=5657 post made March 6th, 2012

Cheating is up to each explorer individual choice.

Admin commands on the other hand are more invasive.

2 examples:

1st) 2 explorers in an age: 1st use /jump 400, the 2nd use /float then /jump 200.

Is there an impact of one explorer command line on the other one? NO

2nd) 2 explorers in an age: 1st use /fogcolor blue, the 2nd use /link prisonage Explorer1.

Is there an impact of one explorer command line on the other one? YES

There can be a real mess to be done. The dictators will arise at the speed of light!
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:03 pm

diafero wrote:It's actually often hard to draw the line. For example, /spawn and /jump can be used to circumvent a lot of puzzles. Does that qualify as cheating? I'm not sure. I only know that when I once tried to disable those commands online, the outcry was so loud that I quickly turned it on again ;-)

I think, in this case, /spawn and /jump require a deliberate act of cheating, so they're permissible. In the case of the Gehn Shard physics issues, new players can stumble upon ways to climb over puzzles and not even realize what they're doing, so that's not good... It's a careful balancing act to keep the game true to what it should be and keep in the fun stuff for old explorers.
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby diafero » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:49 am

Yes, I agree with what you are saying, which is why jump and spawn are normal commands in the Offline KI. However, Annabelle... changing the fog is just way too much fun, so normal explorers can do that, too :D . For commands which make you invisible, link other palyers or yourself to arbitrary ages, or take other people into flymode, I did not have to think long.

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Return to Deep Island