Linking fixed

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

Re: Linking fixed

Postby Jojon » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:09 pm

diafero wrote:...
... However, I actually found a spawn point in the ferry area called LinkInPointDefault which does not ever seem to be used by Cyan, so we have to choose a spawn point title ourselves (and be consistent about it).

Not even from the Nexus?
This is a location that has a Nexus "terminal".
Jojon

Postby Ehren » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:58 pm

The link from the Nexus appears to be LinkInPointFerry with a title Ferry Terminal.
Ehren

Postby Jojon » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:46 pm

Ehren wrote:The link from the Nexus appears to be LinkInPointFerry with a title Ferry Terminal.

Sounds like that's what I'll be using, then.

Thanks. :)
Jojon

Postby diafero » Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:19 am

Nono please do not use that one! Please use the one I gave you above.
If you use the LinkInPointFerry, then using your book will interfere with the information used by Nexus to show the links. So the link-in points from Nexus should not be used by "ordinary" linking books (and Cyan never does this, as far as I know). It is such usage which broke the Nexus for me once on an old Shard with less linking protection...
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Jojon » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:19 pm

Oooooooh...

Ok. :)
Jojon

Postby Ehren » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:50 pm

If we care about another broken book in an old age, Niveerah has an unhappy Nexus book. It wants to link to "Nexus in Nexus" which I guess worked long ago with only one place for a link to arrive to in the Nexus anyway.

Also, Llantern has a book (once you open the dome thing with the green button) that looks like it should link to the Ferry Terminal, but clicking it does nothing even though it has a hotspot. Am I crazy or didn't that book used to work? (I could be remembering wrong)
Ehren

Postby janaba » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:11 pm

The Ferry link in Llantern should work, it does in the offline version ... :)
janaba

Postby diafero » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:07 am

Okay, will have a look at them after uploading some enw versions of stuff sitting on my Desktop. Thanks for reporting these issues!
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby diafero » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:55 am

Niveerah is fixed.
In Llantern, the problem is probably that the linking is done through a linking responder. The same file works offline, but the responder is set up incorrectly so it does not work online. That's why I usually ask people not to use linking responders at all... and they are hard to fix as well. That should really be done in Python.

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Previous

Return to Deep Island