prp has invalid version?

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

prp has invalid version?

Postby Draade » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:45 pm

So I recently installed Uru CC on this computer to set up Deep Island, and everything loaded as it was described it should, except when it gets to the point where the uru should start it gives me the error "The file dat/garrison_district_FemaleElevatorArrivingBottom.prp has an invalid version, but is required to log in. Uru can not be started". I thought maybe I messed something up so I uninstalled and started over and still the same error. I noticed another thread about prp files here, but it had to do with textures in the polish localization, whereas I'm using the English US. Anyone have any ideas?
Draade

Re: prp has invalid version?

Postby diafero » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:44 am

That's weird. The file has been the same on all Uru installations I ever saw, and for everyone who successfully logged in to the Shard.

What version of Uru do you use, i.e. where did you get it from? Did you follow the installation instructions, especially the part about setting up Uru on Windows VIsta+?
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Draade » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:48 am

I think I bought it at a gamestop or some such electronics retailer some time ago, I'm in New England if that matters at all. And I'm running it on an XP. I extracted the patcher into it's own folder then copied that folder into the Uru directory, when it started it downloaded a lot of updates like it said it would, just when it was ready to start it gave me that error. I'm not too programming savvy, so I'm kind of at a loss. :oops:
Draade

Postby diafero » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:21 am

I moved these files around on the server so they can be patched by it. Please try again. If this was the only corrupted file, it should work.
However considering that this is the very first file checked for your installation, I assume it will now fail at dat/Garrison_District_FemaleLandingRoll.prp, which is the next one.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Draade » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:30 pm

Yep, it indeed failed at that one. So I must have an invalid version of the CC then? That's really weird. :cry:
Draade

Postby Ehren » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:37 pm

Draade wrote:Yep, it indeed failed at that one. So I must have an invalid version of the CC then? That's really weird. :cry:

The funny thing about getting stuck on the "LandingRoll" files is that Uru doesn't even use them...

At any rate maybe all Gahreesen animation files should be set to patch if needed?
Ehren

Postby diafero » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:05 am

No, I don't think you have an invalid version, I think you have no version at all - somehow, Uru does not see the files. It's rather unlikely that there was a re-spin of the CDs where some files were omitted...
Where did you copy the Uru.exe and the other files from the DI installer? There should be a "dat" subfolder there, containing a whole lot of files. Could you make a screenshot of it?

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Draade » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:30 pm

it may be possible that I could have put it in the wrong place, right now I have it in the myst uru complete chronicles folder in it's own folder that I titled DI, was I supposed to keep it in a subfolder? or should I just take those files out right there in the myst directory? :oops: I have a feeling this is what I should have done in the first place now lol
Attachments
dat.JPG
screenshot
dat.JPG (265.38 KiB) Viewed 6333 times
Draade

Postby Draade » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:09 pm

I fixed it, sorry make you go through all that. I just spent the all night yesterday trying to fix a suite of mods I downloaded for morrowind, and when I read your answer I realized what I did wrong. thanks for your help :)
Draade

Postby diafero » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:26 pm

Glad you got it working :D . Now I am too lazy to undo the changes I made on the server... they shouldn't cause any problems anyway, lol ;-)

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Return to Deep Island