STEAM complete Chronicles?

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

STEAM complete Chronicles?

Postby MarkWilliam81 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:28 am

I read that the Complete Chronicles is the correct version, but I know some experience from STEAM that sometimes there is problems with changing files, as they can reset to default, depending how they are installed.
Is there any proof that installing it as instructed will work for the STEAM digital download?
I see the that guide says I would need to uninstall my Steam version and install a CD or digital version of CC again.
So, I can only assume that means installing the same game I just uninstalled from Steam, even if I had not patched it with anything else?
MarkWilliam81

Re: STEAM complete Chronicles?

Postby Mystler » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:53 am

The steam version works very fine. For shards, I recommend you to copy the URU:CC version of steam (from Steam/steamapps/common/uru cc) to another folder and then run the installer on that folder.
Mystler

Postby MarkWilliam81 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:18 pm

Thanks looks like I got it going. Followed the instructions for installing the patcher into the new game folder, logged in, and now its updating :)
MarkWilliam81

Postby MarkWilliam81 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:40 pm

Well there seems to be a problem, and I don't know what I did wrong. Running on Vista BTW.
I can get past the Login Screen with my GoW name and pass.
I clicked play the first time, and it started downloading something over 200MB. By the end of the Update progress the URU Setup window faded, and a Microsoft window popped up URU.exe has stopped working.
The second time I loaded again, and clicked Play it was loading up something about 154 MB, and did the same error.
I can't get past this point.
MarkWilliam81

Postby Mystler » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:17 pm

I believe this was an issue with SoundDecompress.exe, but I'm not really sure.
Can you try running SoundDecompress.exe manually?
Mystler

Postby MarkWilliam81 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:17 pm

Since I posted my last I was able to get in game once. After I exited no luck again. I tried the Sound Decompresser alone, and it seemed to go through with no error. So, I'm not sure it's that. Perhaps because I exited the game in a user created age?
MarkWilliam81

Postby diafero » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:02 am

Please do not create two threads for one problem - I am closing this thread. You can continue discussing in the other one.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Return to Deep Island