About DI Installation to Steam CC

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

About DI Installation to Steam CC

Postby MarkWilliam81 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:13 am

So if I am using the Steam version of the Offline CC, I put the game folder in the Saved game folder in Documents, and renamed it appropriately for DI. Actually I'm trying to remember if the Steam game even is an Offline version, been a while...
It's my understanding from reading the install instructions for the offline version of the game to rename the original UruSetup.exe file to Uru.exe.
Or was I misunderstanding that the instructions actually meant how you install the game, offline being CD and online being download?

That's where I'm wondering if I mixed up because I have been having some problems getting in game. I got in once, the same way I was trying all the other failed attempts.

I followed all the steps best to my understanding on how the Deep Island shard is installed. I even was lucky to get in the game once. but every other attempt a fail again.
MarkWilliam81

Re: About DI Installation to Steam CC

Postby MarkWilliam81 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:37 am

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
MarkWilliam81

Postby MarkWilliam81 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:00 am

I think I figured out what i did wrong. I was patching the new install from the guide instructions, and realized the part at the end:

Once your setup is working, you can start customizing it with features such as the Offline KI and Drizzle or even turn it into a Shard client (for the Deep Island Shard for example).

So, i must have put those in the folder too soon. Its wonder how I could even get into the game once.
MarkWilliam81

Postby MarkWilliam81 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:19 am

OK, I feel a little ignorant now. URU CC is referred to as offline. LOL Sorry... Was a little excited yesterday and missed some details.
MarkWilliam81

Postby diafero » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:01 am

All the various Uru versions must be really confusing for new users, so never mind ;-)

However, I did not understand whether you still have an issue starting DI, or does it all work now? That crash while updating can often be fixed by setting compatibility mode to "Windows 7" (yes, might sound crazy if you run Windows 7, but it really often helps).
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:36 am

I believe Mark said that he was using Windows Vista, so he might have to use a different compatibility setting. I'm not really sure though as that patcher would always crap out for me, even on my Windows XP machine.
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby MarkWilliam81 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:09 pm

currently I'm still trying to get the game to work.

What I'm doing is deleting the UruSetup.exe in the copied game folder, then I'm renaming the Uru.exe file in the dipatcher (after placing it into the game folder to UruSetup.exe

The reason is because even after renaming or removing the original Uru.exe, then replacing it with the patcher version, the UruSetup.exe file shows up again during the update.

So, that didn't work and now I did a vanilla install again, and just leaving the UruSetup.exe alone again.

Will check compatibility settings if this doesnt work.

WOOT it worked. I got the Deep Island and Offline Ki working
MarkWilliam81

Postby MarkWilliam81 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:26 pm

And now I have trees for Relto pages I haven't recieved yet LOL.
Game crashed and problems again, HAH! time for a break.
MarkWilliam81

Postby diafero » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:37 pm

I read that thread where you mentioned Vista after making above post, sorry. For Vista, I have no clue.

MarkWilliam81 wrote:And now I have trees for Relto pages I haven't recieved yet LOL.
That indicates a *really* broken installation. Make sure your Uru folder is within your user profile, i.e. "C:\Users\<YourName>\".
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby MarkWilliam81 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:43 pm

Shouldn't it be C:\users\<yourname>\Saved Games\URU?

If so, yes I got that.
MarkWilliam81

Next

Return to Deep Island