Ahnonay Bug

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

Ahnonay Bug

Postby zeke365 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:16 am

I looked to see if this bug was anywhere else could not find it. I was playing Ahnonay (agreeing with others that both the crabs and crystals are disabled) second (about 11:30am I started playing.) One issue that has been addressed is that when I went to Ahnonay I arrived in Sphere 4 and linked to the cathedral and and linked to sphere 1. Now when I link to the cathedral there is no sound. The main one problem I came across is when you shut off the current and go back to the large pipe and press the symbol there My avatar Jumped in the middle of the air while touching the cloth then back down. The second thing is I would link through the ceathreal to to the second sphere and back to reltro then press the e symbol and I linked back to sphere 1. Not sure why but I did twice to test it and that's what I got.
zeke365

Re: Ahnonay Bug

Postby diafero » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:33 am

Thanks for your report :)

The Ahnonay state is shared amongst all players, so if someone leaves Sphere 4 active, that's what you arrive at.
Also, Ahnonay has many multiplayer bugs since Cyan did not design it for a server environment - remember that you are playing the TPOTS version of Ahnonay, just online ;-)

The main one problem I came across is when you shut off the current and go back to the large pipe and press the symbol there My avatar Jumped in the middle of the air while touching the cloth then back down
Yes, that glitch is caused by a fix... I do not remember exactly, but we had the problem of the avatar sinking into the ground or even falling through it, and fixed it by augmenting the avatar target position. That looks ugly, but it's still better than Reltoing out...
(I just can not remember why people sank into the ground in Ahnonay... we did the same in Eder Delin and Tsogahl, where the issue was caused by differences between the MOUL and Uru:CC avatars)

The second thing is I would link through the ceathreal to to the second sphere and back to reltro then press the e symbol and I linked back to sphere 1. Not sure why but I did twice to test it and that's what I got.
Sorry I do not understand, could you describe the precise steps necessary to reproduce the problem? Which symbol did you press?
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby zeke365 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:59 am

Now to answer your question. First all the e cloth I talk about is in the pipe on Sphere 1 in the back after you turn the current off. I was trying to get the e cloth in the second sphere. If you remember that you touch the e coth in the first sphere then link to reltro. Next you link back to Ahnoany and go to the second sphere through the ceatherdal. I got to the second sphere fine (storm sphere in Ahnonany.) I was trying to get to the e colth symobl in the second Sphere. So I linked out to my reltro and pressed the e coth on Ahnonany and it linked my back sphere 1. I hope this helps. Yes I know this is the offline I was trying to do this on my own.
zeke365

Postby diafero » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:53 am

I just remembered why we had to move up this cloth (or rather, the point the avatar spawns at): There is a bug in Uru:CC which is triggered by an age having a swim region, and a spwan point below (or not too far above) that swim region. It makes the game crash when 2 or 3 people enter the age. Hence we moved some spawn points up in Ahnonay to work around this problem.

First all the e cloth I talk about is in the pipe on Sphere 1 in the back after you turn the current off. I was trying to get the e cloth in the second sphere. If you remember that you touch the e coth in the first sphere then link to reltro. Next you link back to Ahnoany and go to the second sphere through the ceatherdal. I got to the second sphere fine (storm sphere in Ahnonany.) I was trying to get to the e colth symobl in the second Sphere. So I linked out to my reltro and pressed the e coth on Ahnonany and it linked my back sphere 1.
I tried this, and it worked as expected:
* Went to Sphere 1
* Swam to the maintenance area
* Clicked the cloth over there
* Swam back to the Cathedral linking book
* Linked to Cathedral
* Linked from there to Sphere 2
* Linked to Relto
* Clicked the cloth in the Ahnonay book
* Arrived in the Maintenance area of Sphere 2, as expected
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby zeke365 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:18 am

I must be the one having the problems but I noticed another bug or if this just normal. Isn't Ahnonay suppose to be your personal age in DI and if you invite someone then other people show up or is open for everyone? I think for some odd reason (no I did not invite anyone) That I saw another person in sphere 2 got there finally. Cant get to sphere 3. And here some pictures to show you why. This first picture show no other than the one marker, but when you move up to the cathedral you will see 2 instead of one in this picture.
Attachments
KIimage0003.jpg
KIimage0003.jpg (82.11 KiB) Viewed 5316 times
KIimage0002.jpg
KIimage0002.jpg (80.48 KiB) Viewed 5316 times
zeke365

Postby zeke365 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:41 am

Made another interesting observation. You see when 2 people are in that age it seems to appear as 2 blue symbols even though the crabs are disabled. Apparently you can't link to another sphere until that person leaves this age or goes to another sphere in Ahnnonay. Just a theory I tested and I'm right. If your by yourself you can link to all the spheres fine but when someone is in that sphere both of you have to go to the next sphere. Not sure why but these are two things I saw by observations I made while playing DI aroun 12:00pm Eastern to 2:30pm.
zeke365

Postby Acorn » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:00 pm

what you describe - not being able to make progress until all the quabs and people have left the rocky area
Show Spoiler
- sounds like normal multiplayer Ahnonay to me.

You might like to read though the walkthrough if you don't mind spoilers.

Show Spoiler
Acorn

Postby diafero » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:39 am

Ahnonay is NOT a personal age on DI. There's one global instance, shared by everyone. The reason for this is that with personal ages, it's not possible to properly explore Ahnonay in groups, as book sharing does not (always) work. Since the priority of DI is more about "having fun in the ages together with others" than "playing through the game", I decided to make Ahnonay a single global instance.

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby zeke365 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:36 am

okay I got done with what I needed to do thanks
zeke365

Return to Deep Island