Elodea Exploration Party: Saturday May 11th

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

Re: Elodea Exploration Party: Saturday May 11th

Postby Jogi » Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:40 am

Annabelle wrote:I really enjoy the new feature on Deep Island which is a new Elodea book next to Oolbahnneea book which contain the direct links to the different worlds (main island, Unterwelt, Tunnelgang, & Schatzkammern)

Would it be possible to port this to offline with Drizzle?

While you are waiting for a porting you can edit "ULMServerLinkBook.inf" in the root folder of your offline Uru by yourself. Simply overwrite one of the book entries like that:

Code: Select all

[Book]
cover:Elodea

Make sure you use the filenames, found in "\img\AgeInfo" for example, not the display names.
For the "cover" entry you have to look into "\img" and take one of those filenames and omit the "CoverImage_[...].jpg" text. This entry isn't necessary.

Each time you click on "Ages: Get Latest List" in Drizzle this file is overwritten! So a backup copy may be helpful.

There also exists a KI command to modify your bookshelf in-game, but I can't recall it. :(
Jogi

Postby Annabelle » Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:49 pm

Thank you Jogi...it didn't work :lol: except it should have been working

It's not because of you, I obviously tried something customised thinking I could beat the system :lol:.

I then decided to use my good ol' Mother-of-all-solutions: copy & paste what's working, I went to my Deep Island folder, copied the "ULMServerLinkBook.inf" file, and pasted it over in my URU:CC install. I opened URU and it worked. I then opened the file just to see that apart from a small inversion in page order, your solution is like the file on the Deep Island server.
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Jogi » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:27 am

Annabelle wrote:[...] to use my good ol' Mother-of-all-solutions: copy & paste what's working, [...]

And don't forget the Father in some cases, who says "Always make a backup copy of the original file before you modify it."

Annabelle wrote:I went to my Deep Island folder, copied the "ULMServerLinkBook.inf" file, and pasted it over in my URU:CC install.

Thank you, Annabelle, thank you very much. ;)
Now everybody here knows that you are much cleverer than I am. :? :lol:
Jogi

Postby diafero » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:14 am

Updating that file offline requires updating the Offline KI, not sure if that's worth it. Actually, that book is an interim solution, but I am not sure when I will find a better one ;-)
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Annabelle » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:39 pm

Jogi wrote:Now everybody here knows that you are much cleverer than I am. :? :lol:

And I thought I was the "weakest link" in here... ;) ...and I did create a folder named: /backup in the roots of my URU:CC install where I put the file (done since yesterday in fact).
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Previous

Return to Deep Island