Elodea Exploration Party: Saturday May 11th

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

Re: Elodea Exploration Party: Saturday May 11th

Postby Annabelle » Wed May 15, 2013 7:10 am

Ehren wrote:Why is it that there is no way to Elodea Unterwelt without cheating???

There's a switch somewhere nearby the location where you find Unterwelt book. I would say, since you know how to cheat to go there... find the switch from the inside where the book is you will unlock the hidden path then by logic you should be able to find the intended switch to trigger.

Since we play online for now, I would say the switch should always be ON since the odd that the 7 clothes are touched are rather high. Offline, you'll need the 7 clothes touched to be able to activate it. This applies to every world in Elodea. The best is to type /!resetage entering a world. (Make sure no one is online and already playing in those worlds, it could make them angry)
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Annabelle » Fri May 17, 2013 5:55 pm

I have 2 top secret pictures to share with you.

It will only talk to a close circle of those who achieved Elodea Marvelous Journey :D

Some will ask... how in the world did you achieved that? My answer is: "Where there's a hill, there's a way" ;)

Show Spoiler

Who said the dead soldier has the unique solution to reach the final goal? Surely not me :lol:

I may repeat but it's an important fact:

Elodea is nearly perfection. When I talk about Elodea, I'm talking about the whole universe created by Dulcamara (4 ages included). It's immersive, it's colourful (you wouldn't imagine how many areas there are in this world, it's awesome), it's living (bird, angry mother bird, nest, bats), it's funny (she sparkled some funny stuff here and there), it's full of artworks (the museum there...it's a museum LOL), the use of URU soundtrack is perfect (she put the right sound for the atmosphere of the location we are in) and the storyline is rather simple so you don't get lost. We can explore more than a lot. Just think of the 2nd world where almost everybody paid a visit so far. Just as today, I discovered at least 6 to 8 new locations I wasn't even aware of. In the 4th world, it's a skydiving paradise. You have the freedom to go almost anywhere in that huge age.

Dulcamara made a lot of references to what we know: some parts just looks like Gahreesen or Gira or Kemo. What we do to grab clothes in URU well... that's how we must do in Elodea worlds. She placed the clothes in a logic order following her storyline. This is particularly true in the last world. She didn't only put clothes here and there, she put them in very specific locations, thought locations. You have also another layer of clues to gather over the clothes. You must keep an eye on everything because it's part of the story too.

Once finish, you will realize that Elodea is only divided for the game purpose. It's just only 1 age story-wise.

I hope you'll all get hooked on the drug Dulcamara shared with us ;)
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Ehren » Fri May 17, 2013 8:12 pm

Annabelle, how did you put a marker down? I assume those pictures aren't from on Deep Island?

I love Elodeas Unterwelt, Elodeas Tunnelgang, and Elodeas Schatzkammern. They have good graphics and a lot of detail!

But I have to be honest, I think that Elodea (the starting area) is a bit lacking compared to how well done the other areas are. The starting rooms and long hallway just aren't as detailed or textured as well as most of the later areas. First impressions can be important, so if nothing else I think those could be improved.

Something that I feel would also help would be less of a long hallway right at the start. If the link-in room were closer to the first ladder (the one that leads up to the room with the 2 books on the window ledge) it would help fix the issue where it goes past the skydome, which lets you see the sky intersecting the hallway if you turn around far enough down it. Also, it does currently seem a long way to run.

Though, moving it closer might require a change of shape of the mountain it's in... but I'm not sure of that...

Well those are just my thoughts. Hope I don't sound too negative because I really am vastly impressed with the size and quality of 95% of what's in this vast world! Its book deserves a permanent place on any explorer's Relto bookshelf.

PS Thanks to Dulcamara for showing me the right way to get to the Unterwelt book
Ehren

Postby Annabelle » Fri May 17, 2013 9:48 pm

Ehren wrote:Annabelle, how did you put a marker down? I assume those pictures aren't from on Deep Island?

I didn't cheat these pictures. That marker is really in my quest made online on Deep Island and it's jacked up approximately 25 feet high on the extended collision plane of that pillar. I have a lot of practice having been everywhere in many ages: Somewhere, Iceworld, R'Oshanin, Rashoo B'ahrotan, Sonavio, name it, the list is long enough. Whatever if the age is locked, it puts only more challenge and I usually end up finding areas I wouldn't have maybe find. Note that my usage of jump command is really rare. I don't like it much even in ages not locked. I will use it to go see a faraway location I know it's not reachable otherwise (instinct), if I know I can make it normally I go for it.

In a fan age, if the writer put enough solid plane on cliffs, I just climb to the top and often I see the passages, hallways, tunnels, whatever long tube connecting 2 sections together. In uru:cc environment, you even pointed out that to me the other day, the collisions are mostly 2-ways. We cannot cross them from the inside & from the outside. It makes it easy for me to land on a long tube then figure out a path to reach my destination whatever it is. More often also, a tunnel will be all boxed, not a room as the top is not intended to be landed on. Jumping from a high spot; I land right in the room if there's a room below. For the column, I did it by trial and error until I could figure it out. I have put nearly 160 markers just inside Schatzkammern. I covered 90% of the arches and lamp posts.

Where there's a hill, there's a way, that's not only just a mockery on ("Where there's a will, there's a way") :lol: that's the reality at least in urucc environment. On moul environment, I can manage going from a low spot to a higher spot. In urucc, there's no such 2 ways skydiving; a hill or a high spot are my best friends.

I got the idea to reach the final goal just to kid my skydiver buddy koltch who was online. I never planned it. It just happened. I even bumped on a big obstacle on my route to fame. Dulca had maybe though of a cheat, there's a big solid box that cannot be jumped over, I changed my strategy from there ;)
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Acorn » Sat May 18, 2013 12:26 am

Annabelle wrote:
I hope you'll all get hooked on the drug Dulcamara shared with us ;)

I can't wait for the offline version! Soon, please, Dulcamara! :P
Acorn

Postby Ainia » Sun May 19, 2013 6:43 pm

Shorah Dulcamara and fellow explorers,

I know that the following is a pipe-dream but thought I should at least throw it out there for consideration.

I absolutely agree with Annabelle's thoughts about Elodea (and I'm not even halfway through it yet!). :!: It is a beautifully designed Age with its structure, storyline, interactive and exploration elements and potential for expansion. At that level, it is the sort of thing I would have hoped to see from Cyan in the ideal world where MOUL had been a financial success for them.

So I have been thinking what enormous potential Elodea could have for bringing more participation into the Uru community, what a jumpstart such an Age could provide to all the shards.

And yes, I recognize this is a difficult thing to implement. Going from Blender to 3DSMax, upgrading all the textures, shading, lighting, scripting, etc. etc. The sheer size of this Age would make such a thing feasible only if many contributed to realizing it. What I've seen so far of Elodea underscores how necessary it was and is for Cyan to have a host of talented people on their staff; creating a beautiful, playable, believable, complex Age is an enormous undertaking which requires a wide array of expertise.

I think Dulcamara's work here has provided a solid foundation for a Cyan-like fan-created Age, something that could rival Cyan's work in providing storytelling, interactivity, complexity and explorability. In its current state, it is an Age Dulcamara can be well proud of. :D In a polished state, it is hard to find words to express what a gem it would be. :shock:

Many, many thanks to Dulcamara for envisioning and creating this wonderful Age!! :) I am eagerly awaiting her next! :D
ImageImage
Ainia

Postby Seppolo » Tue May 21, 2013 5:37 pm

With today's NULPradio²Now! Broadcast (05/22/2013) I'd like to once again focus our gratitude for Dulcamara after your a long hard work on Age Elodea. And I speak not just for the German Community, but for all researchers, visitors and friends in the Myst universe Elodea met in recent days and explored. I would therefore also give people the opportunity to meet with Dulcamara this evening to celebrate and have fun.

The Show Begins 20.00 (CET) respectively 12.00 (KI Time).

Radio stream of NULP Radio
---> http://nulpradio.listen2myradio.com

The contents of the shipment, such as moderation is in German! :roll:

Since Dulcamara reported problems with Deep Island and a possible incompatibility with the NULP Radio streams page, I show again the possibility NULP Radio with "Winamp" to receive.

- Winamp is a small freeware.

- Installation is very quick and easy.

- Starts then Winamp. Then see you a Player.

- Go to "File" in the top bar of the player and click on them.

Now, a new list is displayed. Right click "Play address..." on the second point. Then a window will appear where you the 87.117.201.136:39371 (copy and paste) copied pure.

- Then click on "Open". And Winamp would then establish a connection.

- Now you should be in your player "NULPRadio²NOW". And radio should now also run. ;)

That's it. :)

(The text was translated from German into English. I'm sorry if anything should not be granted. :| )
„Myst will never forgotten“

Seppolo

Postby diafero » Sun May 26, 2013 3:17 am

There's now another Elodea book on the Shelf, more to the right, where you can directly link to the other parts of Elodea. This is temporary, until I figure out how to properly support books with multiple ages in the left area, or at least a way to avoid age book duplication.
Have fun :)
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby diafero » Sun May 26, 2013 3:59 am

Aaaaand another update :) Dulcamara just gave me the permission to release the age in UAM, so you can play through it offline now. :D
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Acorn » Sun May 26, 2013 8:52 am

yay! :P
Acorn

PreviousNext

Return to Deep Island