DI - No Er'cana book in Great Tree Pub?

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

DI - No Er'cana book in Great Tree Pub?

Postby Muttley » Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:26 am

Looking for the July sparkly, I find there is no Er'cana book in the Great Tree Pub and the Ahnonay book takes me to the end of the game, the last cloth. Where can I find Er'cana and Ahnonay books, please?

Edit. My buddy found the same situation. The Great Tree Pub is a public instance - does that make a difference?

Can't find the "Watchers Guild" in my nexus book. Is that where they should be?
AlanD in the cavern - any cavern :) KI # MOULa 11981, Gehn 135624, TOC 209238, DI 197802
Muttley

Re: DI - No Er'cana book in Great Tree Pub?

Postby Annabelle » Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:51 am

Muttley wrote:Can't find the "Watchers Guild" in my nexus book. Is that where they should be?

YES, look somewhere on your shelves...

On DI, there are 2 instances of "The Watcher's Pub", the MOULa version with the only purpose to give you access to the donut of Ahnonay and the TPoTS version with Er'cana, Ahnonay Cathedral, and the Great Tree access.

Same applies with "D'ni-K'veer" and "D'ni-Kirel" BTW ;)

For D'ni-Kirel for instance, the TPoTS version is the one containing the calibration markers, the MOULa version is the one containing the tables with t-shirt for Guilds' Pubs.

For D'ni-K'veer, the TPoTS version is limited to Atrus' study and enables you to see the animated sequence of the enlightening cavern, the MOULa version has the huge hall with the nice decorated bay window & the sculpted balustrade
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Muttley » Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:52 am

In nexus: Public links has six entries, all pubs, the five guilds and the Great Tree pub

There is no "Watchers Guild" entry anywhere on the nexus

Oh very clever - not in Nexus at all. I misread your idiots guide, I'm a new and improved idiot.

Now for K'veer and Kirel

We have Guild Neighbourhood, Seret and Bevin I assume Guild Neighbourhood and Seret are the Kirels you are talking about, since Bevin is your own neighbourhood.

For K'veer I'll have to finish the path of the shell before I can see any of them.
AlanD in the cavern - any cavern :) KI # MOULa 11981, Gehn 135624, TOC 209238, DI 197802
Muttley

Postby Ainia » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:46 pm

Shorah AlanD!

No, Seret is an entirely different 'hood. Kirel is still called Kirel here. There are a number of Bahro linking stones in the city that you will need to find and use... (which applies to both Kirel and K'veer).

Happy hunting!
ImageImage
Ainia

Postby Annabelle » Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:30 pm

Muttley wrote:We have Guild Neighbourhood, Seret and Bevin I assume Guild Neighbourhood and Seret are the Kirels you are talking about, since Bevin is your own neighbourhood.

The 2 Kirel on Deep Island are called: "The Guild Neighborhood" and "The DRC Neighborhood".

"The Guild Neighborhood" comes from MOULa and you can reach it by finding the additional bahro stone located inside Ae'gura. (This one contains the Guilds' T-shirts)
"The DRC Neighborhood" is the Kirel from the Expansion Pack "To D'ni". You can reach it the usual intended way only. I hope you remember how... (This one contains the markers)

Seret is the 3rd neighborhood found by the DRC crew when they visited the Cavern alongside Bevin & Kirel. (Parenthese: The reason why the Hoods in MOULa cannot be called "Bevin" is because some hoods are Bevin-like hoods and some are Seret-like hoods. And if you paid attention, I use the Capital letter for Bevin & Seret all the time since they are specific names not generic like hoods for instance)

Muttley wrote:For K'veer I'll have to finish the path of the shell before I can see any of them.

Yes and No...
Yes, you'll need to finish TPoTS first to see the TPoTS' version of K'veer with the animation sequence and Yeesha's speech
No, you can, as Ainia stated it, find the additional bahro stone located somewhere in Ae'gura to reach the MOULa's version of K'veer. Note that the Myst Island book there is the one leading to the version of Myst 5 EoA (only if you have it installed and manually converted inside DI)

Bottom line... the Deep Island server (or URU:CC offline install drizzled) is a mixed bag of everything.
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Return to Deep Island